The Very Best Famicom Games - Vote for #2 AND #1!

Started by satoshi_matrix, December 22, 2008, 12:08:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Which of these games is the 2nd BEST FAMICOM GAME? What's left becomes #1!

Super Mario Bros. 1
21 (67.7%)
Super Mario Bros. 3
10 (32.3%)

Total Members Voted: 30

satoshi_matrix

Okay, I guess its decided.

#25 Return of Mario Bros. (FDS)
#24 Hino Tori - Houou Hen (FC)

satoshi_matrix

Hey JC, I seem to be having problems editing the poll, it won't save all my changes for some reason. Only half the poll shows up!

If I don't/can't get it to work, can you edit it? the final 23 are:

Top Secret: Hitler's Revival [Bionic Commando]
Yume Kojo: Doki Doki Panic!
Splatterhouse Wanpaku Gerfitti
Antarctic Adventure
Akumajō Densetsu [Castlevania 3]
Ninja Ryukenden [Ninja Gaiden]
Super Mario Bros. 3
Hoshi no Kabi [Kirby's Adventure]
Mother [Earthbound Zero]
Holy Diver
Joy Mecha Fight
Rockman 5
Metroid
Contra
Summer Carnival '92: Recca
Rockman 2
Sweet Home
Akumajō  Dracula     
Balloon Fight
Otocky
Super Mario Bros. 1
Tetris, Tengen version
Zelda 1

UglyJoe

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on December 25, 2008, 12:04:47 pm
Hey JC, I seem to be having problems editing the poll, it won't save all my changes for some reason. Only half the poll shows up!

Must be an SMF bug.  I had to type in one new entry, hit preview, type in the next new one, hit preview, and repeat.  It seemed to jumble up the order as I was trying to get it to work, so I reset the 3 votes that were there.

satoshi_matrix

Please vote people. Most polls average around 18 votes, and this one has only 9. Thanks.

JC

satoshi_matrix

#23 Tetris, Tengen version (FC)

satoshi_matrix

Please vote if you haven't already. If Holy Diver is in 22nd place tomorrow, I'm going to move on to 21st place.

satoshi_matrix

#22 Holy Diver (FC)

JC

The results seem spot on. I keep thinking, "But Hino Tori is such a great game," or "But Tetris is such a great game." And then I look at what's left on the list and pretty much realize the ones that remain are better...well, except for a couple that suck and need to go away. :P

satoshi_matrix

Somebody needs to vote to break this tie so I can post the next poll tomorrow. Thanks people.

Jearb

nintendodork

December 31, 2008, 11:33:18 pm #26 Last Edit: January 01, 2009, 12:00:56 am by nintendodork
Quote from: Jearb on December 31, 2008, 07:03:46 pm
JOY MECH FIGHT OM NOM NOM NOM
Just got it CIB for $35!!

I think the final 5 will be JMF, Summer Carnival '92, Hoshi no Kirby (Not Kabi), Zelda 1, and Hitler's Revival

BTW JC:  Just 98 more posts!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

KEVMAN569

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on December 23, 2008, 02:39:07 pm
I should get a new non-cheapo capture card for x-mas, and I'm thinking of doing some sort of video commentary for this. Any have any suggestions for what I could do?

That would actually be nice.  You could even put it on FW's youtube page (or did it get hacked again?).  I would make it simple, maybe two parts.  Show some gameplay footage while you talk about why it was so good. 

satoshi_matrix

Okay, I'll be sure to do something.

And so far, we have

#22 Holy Diver (FC)
#21 Antartic Adventure (FC)
#20 Balloon Fight

Poll has been  updated, vote away!

xyzzy32

crazy... I can't believe Mario 3, Hoshi no Kirby, and Sweet Home are getting votes. All three are such fantastic games, yet they're losing to Castlevania 1, Metroid, and Doki Doki Panic? the last three are good as well, but...