Pictures of Your Famicom!

Started by nintendodork, December 31, 2008, 12:46:19 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

Post pics of your Famicom/FDS here!  (Sorry mods if there is already a thread for this...you can move it if you want.)

A box...What could be inside ?

This apparently...

One of the things I noticed was that my Famicom doesn't have the FF symbol as some other ones do... any explanation?

A/V Mod

Rockman 3 :P

Famicom w/ MarioOpen Golf

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

We have two threads: What Famicom stuff do you own? and Game Rooms, but nothing quite like this.

So here's mine:

nintendodork

Wowee JC!  Look at the wear on that D-Pad!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

133MHz

Here's mine:

You can't see it, but the gold shine on the controllers is in excellent condition! just minor scratches but no wear ;D

Here it is next to the POS TV I'm forced to use at the moment (still no luck repairing my big one :'().

PatMan33

I'm finally ahead of the game. This didn't require me to take any new photos!

nintendodork

Hey Pat, I noticed your Famicom didn't have the FF symbol either...but 133MHz's does...

AWAA!?

133MHz

Mine's got a 1988 motherboard, yours should be an older model.

PatMan33

Well, let me pop mine open and I'll take a look. Give me a bit...

nintendodork

Ok, but what does this mean?  Any differences in performance?

PatMan33

Probably nothing we'd notice. Even if there are some cheaper parts or whatever they have to design their stuff with the lowest common denominator in mind. More than likely it was just time to make more!

133MHz

No, just the board layout.
Unless you've got a square button Famicom ::).

nintendodork

Only round buttons here...

But I've heard somewhere that the ones with that symbol have a better pin connector

JC

PatMan33

My board is 1984. That was a good way to kill ten minutes. And I found a lot of dust to clean! :P

The more you know!

nintendodork

Is that a pic from your collection JC?  The round button controllers also seem a darker red than the square ones