thegreatgonzo

Dance, puppets... dance!

UglyJoe

Mindfreak

Flash1087

Escape From New York. Totally rad.

Har the cat

What a coincedence!
Ive watched that movie wednesday! Its a cool movie..

Tonight i go watch falling down with michael douglas, i cant wait for the scene in the macdonalds :P
Intergalactic cat says: Is this planet Earth?

JC

July 11, 2008, 09:53:18 am #575 Last Edit: July 11, 2008, 10:11:16 pm by JC
Quote from: UglyJoe on July 10, 2008, 07:55:22 pm
Sigur Ros: Heima

Is this a new release? I had heard a "new release" on the radio while in Seattle.  -- Nevermind...it's on Sundance tonight. Gotta catch it.

EDIT: Caught it...quite good. A nice mix of audio, imagery and storyline.

Kuvio

Quote from: Har the cat on July 11, 2008, 09:02:35 am
Tonight i go watch falling down with michael douglas, i cant wait for the scene in the macdonalds :P

That movie is great. I think everyone has had a day like that and thinks, "What if...". The thing is, he actually acts on that impulse.

thegreatgonzo

The scenes in the Surplus store are a real treat... Anyone know any people like that propertier? :o
Dance, puppets... dance!

Kuvio

Gangs of New York, which is my favorite movie. Daniel Day Lewis is a treat to watch as Bill The Butcher. I think it's his best role yet.

thegreatgonzo

Quote from: Kuvio on July 13, 2008, 10:25:53 pm
Gangs of New York, which is my favorite movie. Daniel Day Lewis is a treat to watch as Bill The Butcher. I think it's his best role yet.

I agree. I have never seen him in better form. Of course, I have not seen "There Will Be Blood" yet...
Is it just me, or does Liam Neison sign up for every role where he is a mentor, wise-man, father-like figurehead? Go Dead Rabbits!
Dance, puppets... dance!

Kuvio

"There Will Be Blood" was a movie I actually enjoyed. Some people may find it a bit drab, but I loved the brooding sense that builds to it's climactic end. It's a great historically accurate time piece about the oil industry as well.

That comment about Liam Neison is seemingly true. Off the top of my head, "Batman Begins".

Flash1087

I just saw Hellboy 2. I actually think I liked it more than the first, and I really liked the first one.

Flash1087

Saw a midnight showing of The Dark Knight. Easily the best comic book movie I'd ever seen, and honestly one of the best overall films I've watched in my lifetime. Nearly flawless.

manuel

July 18, 2008, 09:41:35 pm #583 Last Edit: July 18, 2008, 09:48:08 pm by manuel
Mythbusters.

Downloaded 40GigaBytes (=6 seasons) of Mythbusters the last day (took around 14 hours), which I now watch randomly every now and then.  ;D

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com