Started by satoshi_matrix, January 01, 2009, 10:15:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

That's why I fear modding new consoles.

I bought a modded PS2 though. The seller gave a 2 year warranty.  :D

satoshi_matrix

Quote from: Romeo on January 17, 2009, 09:02:59 am
Satoshi, when did you get your 360?
Microsoft added 3 year warranty for RROD specifically no?

Anyway, good to hear it has been resurrected.

There are four reasons why sending it back to M$ wasn't an option:

1. I bought it used originally, so it didn't come with a warranty.

2. I didn't buy another warranty from M$, only the 1 year from the shop I bought it at. 

3. I flashed the drive to be able to play backups. Even if I did have the warranty I would have received another Xbox that's drive is not flashed. I didn't want to deal with that.

4. ....I didn't want to go through the hassle of mailing it then WAITING. I wanted it fixed asap.

Doc

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on January 17, 2009, 08:13:50 pm

4. ....I didn't want to go through the hassle of mailing it then WAITING. I wanted it fixed asap.

Ohhh god, yes. That's why I ALWAYS hate having to send stuff back. You KNOW it's going to take a month and a half to get your stuff exchanged, when it really honestly shouldn't take that long. That's why I always try to look for ways to fix things myself, instead of taking them back. To me it's not worth the hassle, and I'm a patient guy. It just takes abnormally long when you have to wait for something to be fixed, when you send it.

nintendodork

January 17, 2009, 09:01:31 pm #18 Last Edit: January 22, 2009, 08:36:34 am by nintendodork
@Doc..

Maybe for M$...

But I sent my Wii to Nintendo after my friend "accidentally" tugged on a Gamecube controller plugged into the Wii and made it fall about 5 feet onto a a very thin-carpeted floor...

Took less than 2 weeks to repair, reload all my stuff, and send it back...

And..it was all free
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

It's no console, but my notebook pc took 3 days to repair. That included shipping to Tokyo and back.  :o
Toshiba has nice service. Maybe I pressured them quite hard. "I need the PC for work, guys!" I told them.

Luckily I never had problems with consoles yet.

133MHz

Good PC warranty repair is always fast because, as you said it, most people depend on their PC for their job.

manuel

They said it can take up to 2 weeks initially. I haggled them down to 3.  ;D And it was delivered on a Sunday morning!  :D

satoshi_matrix

Whoa, Japan's mailing system is that fast?! Yet another prime example of Japan's superiority.

manuel

It wasn't by Japan Post, though. It's Nittsu. They and Yamato are pretty darn fast.

satoshi_matrix

sorry if this is getting too off topic here, but you mentioned that it was sent to Tokyo and back in record time. Just where in Japan are you? Don't worry, not planning on stocking  :P

manuel

I'm in Hiroshima perfecture.

It's about that far:

http://tinyurl.com/7fp9gw

If you should come to Japan, please visit me.  ;)

son_ov_hades

Google Maps Deutschland...and it's all in Janpanese lol.  ;D

manuel

Yeah.  8)
I didn't even notice that I used google maps Germany. Basically it's all the same, so it doesn't matter.  :)