Splatterhouse: Wanpaku Grafitti

Started by NintendoKing, January 26, 2009, 02:53:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

NintendoKing

FAMICOMfag

I did, that's what I meant, I had never heard of a European version before.

But hey, in fact wikipedia says it got released in Europe, 2 years after. But I guess that it must be quite rare.

nintendodork

The label doesn't look very official, but it is a great game
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

NintendoKing

The only thing about the label that seems off, is that it says "European Edition" instead of "European Version" like most euro carts.

nintendodork

That probably means it's a fake label, and the label doesn't have the full title of the game on it.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

NintendoKing

Maybe, but the insides of the cart look real. It has a board with real chips and the 1991 Nintendo copyright on the board.

Maybe, the label is a reproduction.

nintendodork

Did they even make reproductions of European labels?  I don't think they did, but I could be wrong

Tupin

Wow, that is weird, didn't think it was released outside Japan. There is a reproduction, but it's NTSC and looks nothing like that.

But still, do want.

shoggoth80

This is totally a game that I am going to have to throw down for in the near future.

Nice graphical editing. Looks more in line with the overalls from the TG16 (or Genny....I only have Splatterhouse for TG16).

If your board is legit, and your label is not, the only thing that can logically be deduced is that your abel is a reproduction, made to replace the original, which might have incurred damage of some kind (or perhaps Sun bleaching). Ever see what exposure to sunlight will do to a cart label? I ought to post up pics of my "Attack of the Killer Tomatoes" cart. The label is still there, but it has DEFINITELY seen better days. If I had the right printer/stickers... I'd repro it in a heartbeat.

NintendoKing

Either way, its a great game to play; and I love it.

mobiusclimber

Was the company called NAMCOT in EU? I thought that was a Japan only deal.

Anyway, I wanted to say that Rick looks like Bonk in that ending!
Proud owner of Super Smash Games in Tacoma and Seattle

coinheaven

do you have any screen shots?  can you take a pic of the board?  if it is an official board it should have a board name on it.

FAMICOMfag

NintendoKing