broken disk systems

Started by jimhmphry, January 28, 2009, 05:53:58 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jimhmphry

how many of you have gotten broken disk system that was said to be working? Dose this happen often????

nintendodork

Don't worry, Variety Recycle Nippon (Was that you who bought one from him?) Is a recommended seller for a reason

Although most sellers will usually tell the truth, but make sure you scanned the auction page to see if it had a working belt.

Most of the time, the only time it will arrive broken when it is claimed to be working is if something happens in the mail.  Which shouldn't be a problem if the seller put it in something other than a plastic bag ;)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Trium Shockwave

Exactly how is it broken? If you're getting funky graphics or a pink screen with it, you may just need to clean the edge connectors on the RAM cart. If you're getting an error, tell us which one and your fellow friendly forumites may have some advice.

nintendodork

I don't think he's saying it's broken, I think he's just worried about if it arrives broken
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

Broken usually just means the belt is worn or the speed isn't set properly -- both of which are easy to fix.

jimhmphry

just wanted to know how hit and miss these things come ;)