JC

Doc

JC

What the heck is white pizza?

Doc

Quote from: JC on March 07, 2007, 09:25:40 pm
What the heck is white pizza?

via wikipedia:
White pizza (pizza bianca) uses no tomato sauce, often substituting pesto or dairy products such as sour cream. Most commonly, the toppings consist only of mozzarella and ricotta cheese. In Rome, the term pizza bianca refers to a type of bread topped only with olive oil. It's also a Roman style, to top the white pizza with figs, called Pizza e fichi (Pizza with figs);

and I LOVE LONG ISLAND! Now you all will be jealous of the fact I live here:
Long Island, New York, where the pizza is glorified by many residents, has its own regional variation, aptly titled the Long Island pizza, which typically has a somewhat thinner crust. It is also the birthplace of the "pizza bagel", which substitutes bread with a half sliced bagel, while still having normal toppings and ingredients. Traditional New York-style pizza varieties are served at local pizzerias by the slice or full pie. The most popular types include regular (traditional round thin sliced pizza), Sicilian (square with a thick crust), marinara (no cheese, just sauce), white pizza (mozzarella and ricotta cheese toppings, no sauce), grandma (typically square with a thinner crust than Sicilian and the sauce goes over the cheese). There is also a growing choice of gourmet pizza including baked ziti pizza, buffalo chicken pizza, eggplant/chicken parmesan pizza, salad pizza, chicken marsala pizza and shrimp scampi pizza. Small family-owned pizzerias are ubiquitous, as many families traditionally set one day a week as a 'pizza night' when they go to these local family pizzerias on a weekly basis. It is not uncommon for a town on Long Island to have several different pizzerias, each with its own distinct flavor. The Long Island Pizza Festival & Bake-Off is annual competition where mom and pop pizzerias compete to be named best on Long Island.

A Long Island guy invented the pizza bagel, as well. ;D

JC

Oh. Sounds interesting enough. :)

Doc

Believe it or not, one slice of penne ala vodka and one slice of white pizza. :D

JC

Haha. I was watching some comedy show the other night and they were making fun of New York pizza and New Yorkers' obsession with their pizza. The dude said New Yorkers need to get over it. :P

Doc

Quote from: JC on March 11, 2007, 11:43:44 pm
Haha. I was watching some comedy show the other night and they were making fun of New York pizza and New Yorkers' obsession with their pizza. The dude said New Yorkers need to get over it. :P

Tell him to shadd'up. :P

dj9_volt

Leftovers for dinner last night

A hostess ding-dong and a glass of yoo-hoo for breakfast this morning

JC

I think it was Spam -- a slab of some soft shit in a sandwich I scarfed.

Doc

SPAM IS NOT SHIT!!! >:(

Chicken Noodle Soup with crackers.

kezja

Still, spam is nasty. 

Toast with grape jelly!  Yum!

Doc

Quote from: kezja on March 17, 2007, 11:55:18 am
Still, spam is nasty. 

Toast with grape jelly!  Yum!

Spam is NOT nasty. Spam is amazing. Shush, you. :P

Easy Mac.