Famicom Disk System LED question.

Started by Tupin, February 17, 2009, 05:02:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Tupin

Just checking, the Disk System's light is only supposed to come on when a Disk is loading/when a game is playing, right?

Oh, and what's with the port at the back of the RAM adapter?

nintendodork

Yes, the LED only comes on when it's working (Loading a game)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Tupin

Okay, then what's with this little hatch at the back of the RAM adapter?

It looks like another cord plugs into it.

133MHz

It's an expansion slot that never got used, much like the one under the NES.
Some obscure game copier devices used it though.

nintendodork

Ha!  I never noticed that port in the back!  It's like the NES one and the one on the Wii Guitar Hero guitar controllers that have a phone jack-like port on the bottom, and they never made anything for it.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

xyzzy32

133MHz's got it. IIRC it was used for the Disk Doctor.

PatMan33

Quote from: nintendodork on February 17, 2009, 08:12:08 pm
and the one on the Wii Guitar Hero guitar controllers that have a phone jack-like port on the bottom, and they never made anything for it.

You can actually plug a pedal into the port that acts as the strum bar and whammy bar.

Here's some instructions! Make sure you hit the video at the bottom. That man is a trooper... overcoming his disability and rocking out!

nintendodork

Too bad nothing official was made for it, and some songs would be damn hard to strum with pedals like that.  But it's really cool nonetheless.  Ben Heck is amazing for his accomplishments in the NEStari, that thing kicks ass!  ;D