Pirate Recommendations?

Started by shoggoth80, February 23, 2009, 01:00:37 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

I will admit I'm jealous of JC's Odyssey and the fact that he's owned 3 gold Punch-Outs
And FamicomFreak has boxed Mario 8 and that AWESOME PIRATE MULTI
And Popi has..well...everything else :D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

February 25, 2009, 05:49:00 pm #31 Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 06:01:04 pm by L___E___T
Magnavox Odysseys look cool but I wouldn't use it for anything other than an ornamet.   3 gold punch outs JC!?  Why?!

You still have a Serj T, I don't know anyone else with one.  If you think about selling it let me know k.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nintendodork

Haha, I'll make sure to let you know ;) :P
I would actually play an Odyssey, it'd be a little hard and weird though..since the overlays are fit for smaller CRT TVs..
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

NintendoKing

Just about everyone has a better cartridge collection then I do. The only pirate games I own are, Super Mario IV and Pokemon 4 in 1. :D

JC

Quote from: L___E___T on February 25, 2009, 05:49:00 pm
3 gold punch outs JC!?  Why?!

Purchased each trying to find a better copy, since the gold casing wears so easily and the first two I got had some gold rubbed off.

Lolmann

get somari even though the controls are shit and that you'll game over easy as hell :P
-FC Want List-
1. Super mario world pirate (full)
2. lol idk

other wants
1. New computer

L___E___T

What kind of reccomendation is that!!  Somari is a bad graphics hack, nothing more.  Unless you count the awful noise as music.

It reminds me of one of those ideas you have as a kid  "wouldn't it be cool if..."  and then when you put it into practice you find out it fails miserably, like mixing spirits with beer to make cocktails, or seeing what ice cream is like with salt.

I know some of you guys like it, but let's face it when you look at it as a platformer it's seriously sub-par, it's a mess, especially compared to the master system sonic.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FamicomFreak

Quote from: nintendodork on February 25, 2009, 05:25:30 pm
I will admit I'm jealous of JC's Odyssey and the fact that he's owned 3 gold Punch-Outs
And FamicomFreak has boxed Mario 8 and that AWESOME PIRATE MULTI
And Popi has..well...everything else :D

Just keep working hard trying to find deals without having to blow much money on them man....it just takes time.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com