Family Trainer Collection

Started by vealchop, October 18, 2006, 08:00:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

vealchop

I guess my next quest is going to be trying to get all the Family Trainer games in the box. I think there were 8? Anyway, there was a few on ebay but I got smoked in the bidding, one went over 20 bucks and the other got sniped because the auction ended early this morning. I got "Jogging Race" for 2 bucks though! only 7 more to go!
-chop

JC

Family Trainer -- is that Bandai?

vealchop

-chop

JC

Isn't Stadium Events also part of the Family Trainer set? I bet you'll have a hard time finding that one. I've only see it once as cart only, and NGD from NES World owns it.

vealchop

I was under the assumption that Stadium Events was very rare for the NES, but not the Famicom. Not true?
-chop

vealchop

Here's the list I found, and its not 8 its 10!

Family Trainer: Aerobics Studio
Family Trainer: Athletic World
Family Trainer: Daiondoukai
Family Trainer: Fuuun! Takeshi Shiro 2
Family Trainer: Jogging Race
Family Trainer: Manhattan Police
Family Trainer: Meiro Daisakusen
Family Trainer: Rai Rai! Kyonshizu
Family Trainer: Running Stadium
Family Trainer: Tostugeki! Fuuun Takeshi Shiro

Featherplukinfilms! Help! haha!
-chop

JC

I think Running Stadium is Stadium Events, and I'm pretty certain that it's very hard to find. I've been keeping an eye out for it for a while now and have seen nothing about it other than NGD's pic of his own. I don't think it's crazy rare like SE's $800 for cart only. I would guess, however, it brings in over $100. Don't hold me to that -- I've never see it for sale or up for auction. Who knows. You could get lucky and find someone selling it on eBay without it listed as Stadium Events.

Oh yeah, and that list looks about right, at least according to FW's list. Athletic World is easy to find. :)

vealchop

Ya, it will no doubt be hard. But I sort of like to set little goals for myself, other wise collecting isn't fun. There's a lot of stuff out there that I can't afford, but if I can chip away at smaller stuff it keeps me interested. I'm sure it will take me years to get those 10 games.
-chop

michaelthegreat

I've seen running stadium recently at a store that I usually think is overpriced and I think it was $20-$25.  I honestly don't think we're looking at anything special there.

featherplucknfilms

I've been working on that collection myself!  My goal is to complete it before I leave Japan but right now I've got 1,2,3,4,5,6, and 10.  I wanted to put together the collection to sell as well but I tried to sell a few of them on there own and ended up losing money so I kinda gave up on it thinking people weren't too interested and wouldn't pay their worth here in Japan.  Maybe I should try to sell my Running Stadium and see how much it goes for though, however, for the record it's not a highly sought game like Stadium Events.   

featherplucknfilms

Oh, and here's an update of the names and numbers.

Family Trainer 1: Athletic World (pack-in game w/ pad)
Family Trainer 2: Running Stadium
Family Trainer 3: Aerobics Studio
Family Trainer 4: Jogging Race
Family Trainer 5: Meiro Daisakusen
Family Trainer 6: Manhattan Police
Family Trainer 7: Famitre Daiundoukai
Family Trainer 8: Totsugeki! Fuun Takeshijou
Family Trainer 9: Totsugeki! Fuun Takeshijou 2
Family Trainer 10: Rairai Kyonshizu: Baby Kyonshii no Amida Daibouken

JC

Interesting about that Running Stadium. I'd just never seen it before. Anyways, featherpluck, it'd be neat to see what it'd go for it you listed it as the Famicom version of Stadium Events.

And thanks for that list, featherpluck. I'll use it to crosscheck what we've got on the official FW list.

vealchop

Good news on the "running stadium" hopefully I'll be able to get my mits on it! Looks like you almost got the whole set, pretty awesome!
-chop

Doc

Looks good so far, and I do believe that Running Stadium only goes as far as $100 sometimes. The game is very common in Japan. eBay wise you'll get $100, but Famicom collectors would buy it for about $25.

super56k

These are "Power-Pad" games, am I correct?  I thought that the Japanese "Power-Pad" was called "Family Trainer"?
I am currently working on a homepage...  details to follow.