Windows 2000.... Famicom Version.

Started by Rogles, February 27, 2009, 08:09:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rogles

( ´_ゝ`)

Tupin

Impressive pirate, assuming its not a hoax. I've seen pirate carts that have Windows 2000 logos on them, but they are just regular multicarts. Never seen it on a disk before...

Emulating the Disk System ON the Disk System. What an age we live in.  :D

JC

Yeah, there's a Windows 2000 for Famicom but that ain't it. :P

nintendodork

That would be really cool to have...
It wouldn't have internet connectivity though...and since you can't print anything...it's really just a word processor :-\ :D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

He doesn't even fully insert the disk into the fds.  ::)

nintendodork

Yeah, I noticed that...
It looked pretty realistic though...hmmm...
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

JC

Realistic how? As in that's a human hand and real keyboard, and really Windows 2000...

I like how on the second go he drops the disk on the table or whatever and just leaves it there; then boots up Zelda.

nintendodork

He clicked on a ROM...I think...
I thought I saw a file on the desktop that looked like a ROM..
Though...if he doesn't have internet...how did he get the ROM on there....

Now that I think about it...the FDS BIOS didn't even show up..

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

satoshi_matrix

I seen this a while back, but never made much of it for many reasons:

1. Its Japan. Anything is possible.
2. No explanation of what's going on is given. If this were real,there would be more made of it.
3. Even if this exists..........so what? I dunno about you guys, but I'd rather play Famicom games on my Famicom than run Windows 2000  ;D

Agent X

I got one word about this...

Bullshit!

Unless I'm missing something (I don't yet own an FDS), I'd assume that any FD would have to be properly slotted "into" the drive to be accessed.  Both times he does neither thing, and as JC mentions, the guy drops the 2nd disk, but OMG "abbra cadabbra voila!" it works???

:-\

Quote from: satoshi_matrix on February 28, 2009, 12:46:20 am
3. Even if this exists..........so what? I dunno about you guys, but I'd rather play Famicom games on my Famicom than run Windows 2000  ;D

WORD!  8)

Unless one is needing to play Famicom "on the go" (or any console and/or Arcade) or one needs to take screen grabs for pics... hunting down, collecting and playing the original media IS THE POINT.  Who'd really want to play emulated Fami games on an FDS system anyhow?  Now had the dude managed to surf the web on the Famicom in the 21st Century, 2009... now THAT would be awesome.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

Rogles

It may have been one of those tiny ITX computers crammed inside the case, with the controller d-pad modded to work as a mouse.
( ´_ゝ`)

L___E___T

I don't see the point in this?  what is it?  Looks to me like someone just booting up a PC with an FDS emulator on..
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

FAMICOMfag

It's in the category "humor"... which means the poster is making a joke, so of course it's fake  ::)

Agent X

Quote from: FAMICOMfag on February 28, 2009, 10:04:05 am
It's in the category "humor"... which means the poster is making a joke, so of course it's fake  ::)

Guess it pays to read Kanji then.   ;)
Figured it for a fake anyhow, but you never
know in this day and age.  I do think it be cool
to see someone using an 8-BIT computer like
the MSX or the Famicom system somehow
surfing the web though.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X