March 28, 2024, 03:40:48 am

Last thing you did

Started by nintendodork, March 01, 2009, 07:53:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

Got home from a koral, and then took pics of my new stuff.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

Koral? Is this MMA fighting or something else?

nintendodork

:D it's like a school dance, but better, and there's more stuff to do.  Silly Eric, there are no MMA fights in the great village of Shenandoah.  Only ....  never mind.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Tailsko

Playing famicom disk system roms on my wii

manuel

Yesterday I got my new Japanese driver's license.  :D

133MHz

A friend borrowed me his triwing screwdriver, so I've cleaned all of my Gamecube controllers with erratic analog sticks.

FamicomFreak

Tried the new games I got from play n trade and craiglist!

UglyJoe

Pronounced my Mythbuntu installation officially dead.

FamicomFreak

arranged my consoles with my tv. I took out the ones I don't play as much with some that I felt like playing again.

133MHz

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 16, 2009, 11:39:41 am
Pronounced my Mythbuntu installation officially dead.

Did you give up trying to get everything working correctly or did you screw up something big time?

UglyJoe

It screwed itself up, I was just trying to watch TV :P

It's either a bad hdd or just another asinine Linux issue that I've lost the patience to try and fix.  Mythbuntu has sucked from the beginning, so I'm gonna install some lite-weight distro and setup MythTV myself (assuming the hdd isn't bad).

133MHz

Quote from: UglyJoe on May 16, 2009, 11:57:19 am
just another asinine Linux issue that I've lost the patience to try and fix.

If I had a dollar for every time that happened to me, I'd have enough money to buy a good lot of decent games.
I'm not bashing Linux, I think it's leaps and bounds better than before but on the desktop I'm always plagued by some obscure, utterly annoying and difficult to reproduce problem that ends up killing my patience and making me ditch it.

The day that XP stops fulfilling my needs and M$ forces me to "upgrade", I'll make the switch for once and for all.
Also by that time I hope that Linux will advance much more in reducing the annoying issues.

As for what was the last thing I did... I upgraded the firmware on one of those cheap Chinese MP4 players, edited the F/W file to fix a button mapping issue, killed it, recovered it in ADFU mode (short-circuiting memory pins yay!), killed it again, half-recovered it (black screen) and finally got it working decently. Damn you China!

Blue Protoman

But you collect Famiclones, and the vast majority come from China.  Therefore, you shouldn't hate it.  [/smartass]
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

133MHz

I don't hate China, I just raise my fist in anger and then continue playing Super Mario 14 on my Twinhead PC-100, powered by a Minwa AC adapter :P.