March 28, 2024, 06:52:06 pm

Last thing you did

Started by nintendodork, March 01, 2009, 07:53:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nensondubois

Quote from: nintendodork on April 03, 2010, 05:07:06 pm
Generally all you ask in a used game store like that about an old game is if it works or not. :-X

Well, not exactly. If you're an expert on video games who seeks solely to collect rare games based on slight variations, not including unnoticeable differences, you'll go to great lengths to obtain such items.

nintendodork

And the people who work at used game stores don't recognize or like those kinds of people, because then they have to go out of their way. :D
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

133MHz

Quote from: nintendodork on April 05, 2010, 03:11:19 pm
And the people who work at used game stores don't recognize or like those kinds of people, because then they have to go out of their way. :D

Exactly. Unless you're looking for top dollar stuff or if they see that you're planning to make a big purchase, they won't got out of their way to close a sale on bargain bin items. :P

I just cleaned up the large patio table that I use as a workbench.

nensondubois

Made for music modifiers for SNES games (well actually they modify the Write ports of the SPC700)
Star Fox
Harley's Humongous Adventure (May work better on real hardware but I don't have the game)

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: nensondubois on April 05, 2010, 04:13:52 pm
Made for music modifiers for SNES games (well actually they modify the Write ports of the SPC700)
Star Fox

Wait, what'd you do to Star Fox?

Nightstar699

went on Failblog, found a famiclone at the top of page 12.
http://failblog.org/page/12/
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Jedi Master Baiter

I could get lots of studying done on one of those.

Nightstar699

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on April 05, 2010, 10:48:08 pm
I could get lots of studying done on one of those.

Gotta love that "advance towards the 21st century" line on the box  ;D
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nensondubois

Made a music modifer code for A Link to the Past. I'm going to make one for Sim City and possibly Pilotwings now.

133MHz

Tweaked some internal controls on my TV, like focus and horizontal static convergence. The picture is much better now. :D

Jedi Master Baiter

Finished an essay that's due tomorrow - damn

& this is me NOT procrastinating (I think I wrote half the essay today).

Oh crap - do I need to cite sources?! :o

Peps1ru1es92

Quote from: Nightstar699 on April 05, 2010, 10:29:02 pm
went on Failblog, found a famiclone at the top of page 12.
http://failblog.org/page/12/

Could you link directly to the Picture or video, failblog stuff moves alot.

thanks
Hey people, TRG still exists. Come join the meh-ness.

http://trgforums.servegame.com

manuel

April 08, 2010, 12:48:39 am #1257 Last Edit: April 08, 2010, 05:52:39 am by manuel
Just was on the phone with Steve, the language department leader of the YMCA language school in Fukuyama and he wants me to fill in for a teacher, who's still abroad and won't be here for another few days. In about 2 hours I'll teach my first advanced-level English class (I have some little experience teaching kids, but nothing worth mentioning). Boy, am I nervous now.  :o
Wish me luck.

Edit: It was so much fun! I wish I could teach a regular class...

Jedi Master Baiter

Our Japanese teacher wasn't too well of an English speaker. :P

But she was really nice & funny. :P& we learned a lot.

133MHz

I was blow drying my hair after taking a shower as usual, when I heard a couple of explosions accompanied of a burning smell and the tripping of the main circuit breaker. After resetting the breaker, I couldn't find where did the problem come from.

Then I noticed that my clock radio wasn't working so I followed its power strip to the wall outlet. The outlet itself is tucked behind my bed's wood frame. This is what I found:

The right angle plug adapter couldn't withstand the current draw of the several thousand Watt hair dryer for so long, getting so hot that it melted and fused itself with an ugly red bed sheet that was lying nearby.

When it couldn't take it any more, the cable snapped off, causing a short circuit.

Damn, this could've started a fire. Fortunately it just ruined an ugly piece of fabric. Phew!