April 19, 2024, 09:37:42 pm

Last thing you did

Started by nintendodork, March 01, 2009, 07:53:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

My condolences. :( It sucks to lose a pet.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Jedi Master Baiter

It's so heartbreaking when a pet dies!

famiac

My chinchilla died 2 weeks ago, i miss him so much, i know how it feels man, sorry dude that sucks.

ericj

January 02, 2011, 04:16:08 pm #1698 Last Edit: January 02, 2011, 04:31:32 pm by ericj
Thanks for the kind, understanding messages. Before this, it had been about 7 years since I lost a pet, and that was a cat that lived to be 17 y/o. I forgot how hard it is to lose a pet. Also, my condolences for the loss of your chinchilla, famiac. I considered getting chinchillas while I was deciding what kind of pet to get, but ultimately decided on guinea pigs.

I'm grateful that I have a lot of video & webcam footage of her, plus tons of photos. For those of you who don't know about it, I have a live guinea pig webcam site at www.happycavy.com (cavy is another name given to guinea pigs).  Feel free to check it out. And here's a post about Piglet's passing: www.happycavy.com/8un

On topic: Just got home from grocery shopping.

nintendodork

Is this website completely yours? Hammy has a lot of friends on Facebook for a guinea pig. :o  My dog only has 40! :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

Yeah, it's completely my site, built on WordPress.  :) Lots of people like guinea pigs, so she gets lots of friends.

Cam3ron@FW

that sucks to hear.  We've always had a guinea pig in the house, and I bought the latest one that is 3 years old.  The guinea pig and the dog are the same age and they always got along.  I used to put the guinea pig and the dog down for naps and it was funny.  They still get along to this day, funny how animals form these bonds when they are young.

Anyways, I just got up and walked to my high school and was apparently the only one to do so today...
Consoles I own (by Generation):

1st: N/A 2nd: Colecovision 3rd: Game Boy Pocket 4th: Game Boy Color, SNES 5th: N64, N64DD, PS1 Sega Saturn  6th: Xbox, 2 Gamecubes, Dreamcast, PSP, DS 7th: Wii, Xbox 360, Ps3

ericj

Quote from: Cam3ron@FW on January 03, 2011, 08:58:33 am
The guinea pig and the dog are the same age and they always got along.  I used to put the guinea pig and the dog down for naps and it was funny.

An interesting side note about having guinea pigs with dogs is that dogs (and even cats and rabbits) may carry Bordetella, which can cause respiratory illness in your guinea pig. Ideally, they should not be housed in contact with guinea pigs. But, cavies at risk of exposure may be vaccinated twice yearly for Bordetella to prevent infection; the vaccine must be a killed product, as live vaccines may cause illness in cavies. Even if your dog isn't a carrier at this time, he may easily become infected with it. Just an FYI.  :)

linkzpikachu

1.thanks ericj for the tip
2. some stupid  video about biology
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

Cam3ron@FW

yeah, thanks eric.  I was aware of this a while ago and my guinea pig has been vaccinated with a few different shots in the past as well as that one since they did it for free back home.  This was about a year ago though and I'm not sure if shots are free here.

Only problem I have with my guinea pig is cleaning the cage here... It's a pain, it was a really good deal on the cage (60 bucks for a 4 floor cage) the only hard part is maneuvering the stupid cage out of a small closet, around a bookshelf and a dresser and a few other things.  I want to get something like what you have since I've seen those square connectible tiles cheap pretty much everywhere. (usually advertised as shelving but w/e lol)   Only problem is I wouldn't know what to use for a floor.

I just got off playing games with my brother.
Consoles I own (by Generation):

1st: N/A 2nd: Colecovision 3rd: Game Boy Pocket 4th: Game Boy Color, SNES 5th: N64, N64DD, PS1 Sega Saturn  6th: Xbox, 2 Gamecubes, Dreamcast, PSP, DS 7th: Wii, Xbox 360, Ps3

ericj

You can use coroplast (corrugated plastic) for the floor. It's the same stuff signs are made out of, and you can buy a 4' x 8' sheet of it for around $35 at Fast Signs or other signage stores. I just have mine made out of a sheet of that with plywood cut out for underneath it for stability (coroplast by itself isn't too strong) and it sits on top of more of the cubes, which double as storage areas for newspaper, food, hay, and towels. I use newspaper on top of the coroplast with a few towels and then fleece bought from a fabric store with some additional towels on top of it for the "bedding" area. I've gone through about 5 or 6 different cage configurations before settling on the current one you see pictured on the site. http://www.happycavy.com/where-we-live/

On topic: Searched a registry for a baby shower gift.

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

Peps1ru1es92

Got my 900MHz security camera working. The monitor got lost years ago but I got it to work on channel 83 on an old TV.
Hey people, TRG still exists. Come join the meh-ness.

http://trgforums.servegame.com

linkzpikachu

ordered parts for my dirt bike  ;D
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!