March 29, 2024, 03:59:55 am

Last thing you did

Started by nintendodork, March 01, 2009, 07:53:04 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nensondubois

Its ok, I saw a 14 year old make out with a 16 year old at a movie theatre today. FML

Uploaded the Frogger videos.

manuel

Quote from: UglyJoe on March 27, 2011, 05:53:36 pm
Quote from: manuel on March 27, 2011, 05:25:42 pm
Can somebody tell me what happens?

Spoiler
It plays sound effects from one of the Ren & Stimpy games ("you eediot!").
[close]

:D Thanks for the info!

nintendodork

Quote from: nensondubois on March 27, 2011, 08:42:16 pm
Its ok, I saw a 14 year old make out with a 16 year old at a movie theatre today.
How could you tell how old they were?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

nensondubois

March 28, 2011, 07:05:43 pm #1803 Last Edit: March 29, 2011, 08:13:57 pm by nensondubois
The 14 year old was my cousin.

Post Merge: March 29, 2011, 08:13:57 pm

To get my mind off of the fact that a 14 year old is getting some and no me, I have invented a more universal Frogger play sound effects/music/voice code:

Frogger
Sound Modifier (David Lubar, the programmer for Frogger stole the sound code from Ren & Stimpy Buckaroo$, which was composed by Mark Van Hecke. You can even access what scrambled mess remains of the music with values 29-31, 16 and 39 are Ren & Stimpy's voices. Rest of the values are sound effects and end at 3D.)
7E1C67??

http://board.gscentral.org/showthread.php/5894-SNES-code-submitions.?p=174706&viewfull=1#post174706

I also read that someone found something weird like this in another game. Wonder how far this trend stems. Hmmm...

UglyJoe

Quote from: nensondubois on March 28, 2011, 07:05:43 pm
I also read that someone found something weird like this in another game. Wonder how far this trend stems. Hmmm...

Is there proof that he actually "stole" the code?  David Lubar did work on Buckaroo$ as well (and Mark Van Hecke was the Audio Director, who I doubt did any coding, according to Gamefaqs, at least).  I've heard of things like this happening (assets from other games appearing in unused portions of other games).  Most of the time, as far as I know, it's due to how memory allocation is handled on workstations that are used for more than one game. 

When you allocate memory, you don't have to clear the contents of the memory.  So if they were to allocate 16kb of memory (arbitrarily chosen amount) to hold some sound data, it's possible that the allocated memory could hold sound data (or other data) from another game, assuming that its assets were recently used on that workstation.  If they were to allocate 16kb and use only 10kb of that data, but burn all 16kb to the chip, then you'd have 6kb of assets from another game sitting on the chip.  Things like that happen, and it's not really stealing at all.

nensondubois

Well, there where no other hints that he didn't steal the code. Mark van Hecke isn't credited anywhere in Frogger and Gamefaqs is unreliable sometimes and I didn't play through Buckaroos to completetion.

I know how games work... I'm a hacker; I deprogram games mostly for the sole purpose finding unused game content and to rip music (psst! see my GBS rips).

MWK

Finally sorted out a feedback issue.
I'm truly sorry if I forgot about someone...

nensondubois

Finished downloading the Sega CD Redbook torrent. No lousy MP3s, FLACs with so many wonderful songs! :star: :star: :star: :star: :star:

manuel

Changed a dirty diaper.  :bomb: I really hope my son will learn to go to the potty this summer.  :help:

linkzpikachu

FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

manuel

Took a bath with my son.

linkzpikachu

watched episode 8 and 9 of sekirei
FUCK YEAH SEAKING!

manuel

I just watched the trailer for "Simpsons - The XXX Parody" and thought WTF?  :crazy:
Cookie Kwan is hot!  :P

nintendodork

What? Link? I want to see this. :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

Here you are:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZiYjr5MQl4s
The trailer doesn't show any "action", so it can be shown on youtube.
Enjoy.  :crazy: