April 19, 2024, 02:36:53 pm

Nintendo Campus Challenge

Started by JC, March 03, 2009, 10:25:49 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

Read about it on retrousb...or Google it
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

satoshi_matrix

from retrozone:

In 1991 Nintendo created another nationwide contest after the success of the 1990 NWC. This time the event traveled to around 60 college campuses where thousands of students battled for a chance to compete for the next Nintendo World Champion title. To compete, gamers had to grab twenty five coins in Super Mario Bros. 3, get 100,000 points in Pin Bot, and reach the highest score they could in Dr. Mario, all before time ran out. At the event, all three games were combined into a special cartridge made specifically for the NCC. Almost all of these cartridges were destroyed and now only one is known to exist. Not publicly played in 17 years, now you can experience the thrill of the competition in your own home with the Nintendo Campus Challenge 1991 Reproduction Cartridge!

manuel

Sounds nice, but does it have to be so expensive?  :'(

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

JC

Quote from: JC on March 04, 2009, 12:08:22 pm
the NCC ROM -- which, right now, is only in bunnyboy's possession, I'd assume.

FamicomFreak

85 dollars? ouch! maybe I should wait for them to have a contest and hope I win the cart for free.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

Or he should just put the rom online.

I wonder why he doesn't get sued by Nintendo. I mean, the NWC and this new NCC are copyrighted material, right? And he's making money off them...

FamicomFreak

Yeah you have a point. Maybe no one dares to report him....or Nintendo knows and is looking the other way.

133MHz

Probably because the market for old console repros is so small that Nintendo would end up losing more by suing him into oblivion. It's not like he's making millions like the Chinese Famiclone manufacturers.

FamicomFreak

"reports chinese famiclone manufacturers" take that har har har!

manuel

*Chinese mafia shows up before FF's house*...

FamicomFreak

manuel

You don't know much about China, heh?  ;D
They eat snakes and make shoes from their skin.

But probably you made friends with them that way.  ;D

Back on topic, i'd like to play the rom. For me there's just not enough value in this to justify spending 85$.  :-\

Blue Protoman

Someone rich buy one of these and dump it!
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

FamicomFreak

I don't see why not just share the rom with everyone. Are you really that greedy?