Your favorite game system!!!!

Started by Heavenly36, March 07, 2009, 07:07:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Agent X

Well after spending the last  two weeks almost "exclusively" playing the SFC, I have to say that while it may have taken 16 years to make up my mind... I now prefer the Super Famicom to the Sega Mega Drive.  So to retract my original statement/post on page 1, I'll have to say that my all time fave system is now a tie between Super Famicom and the Famicom, now relegating 2nd place status to Mega Drive on tie with Neo:Geo MVS. Outside of a number of particular titles (roughly 8 to 12), the MD just isn't doing it for me any longer, and I primarily only play 8-Bit and 16-Bit systems.
Gaming peaked in the 8-Bit & 16-Bit eras...
all else is just rehashes and insanity passing
itself off as "gaming."
~Agent X

shoggoth80

Yeah for the Saturn get the Action Replay cart. I think it is also a RAM expansion too, but I could be wrong... it's been a while since I have messed with the Saturn. It's a system that I like, that I have a severely under-represented library for. One of these days, I'll likely change that. There are a few high ticket items, like D, and Radiant Silvergun... and I think the Panzer Dragoon Saga (the RPG-ish one) that will have you digging deep into your pockets.

Hmmm... I still haven't entirely made up my mind on "Favorite System" as there are a handful that I seriously have solid libraries for. I would say Atari 2600, Atari 8 bit, NES/Famicom, SNES/SFC, PS2/PSX are the top contenders. All of these have great games, and really solid libraries to pull from, and have decent representation in my personal stash. One of these days I'll get a multi region TV so I can nab some PAL exclusives...

Rogles

( ยด_ゝ`)

manuel

Saturn is a very fine system. Before I realized it I think I have now more Saturn games that games for any other system.  :o Maybe it's because they're so cheap.

skyrunner14

I'd have to say it's mixed between Saturn and Famicom.
Would you please sign my petition? Hopefully, it will get Another Code R released in America. The link is here: http://www.gopetition.com/online/28991.html

namzep

Lately, the Famicom has been my favorite home system and my DS gets the most play (by far) on the go.

NintendoNerds

The SNES is by far my favorite gaming system so far overall. I will say that the Nintendo DS is starting to become more and more enjoyable for me as more and more games are released though.

Jedi Master Baiter

japanfreak

The SNES/Super Famicom and the NES/Famicom. And the Nintendo earned it, all that money. They did the most for the gaming history... OK Atari made video-games big, but so did Nintendo after atari commited suicide... and they invented platforming...and high speed racing, and a new kind of RPG, and RPG/Strategy etc. And now, Hiroshi Yamauchi is the richest man in Japan... cause he earned it!

nintendodork

Nintendo was making at-home video games before Atari, and they did quite well in Japan.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Blue Protoman

My favorite console makers:

1st: Nintendo
2nd: Sega
3rd: Atari
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

LocalToast

I mostly play my DS/DSi, so I guess that. Then again, I'm starting to become more familiar with the games of days past, so that could change. ;)

Blue Protoman

You can start by getting a Dreamcast and by burning a whole bunch of emulators.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!

LocalToast

I have 2 Dreamcasts actually (one is a pink Japanese Hello Kitty with matching VMU and keyboard). The only games I really played were Jet Grind Radio, a little bit of Shenmue, Space Channel 5, and Sonic Adventure. I found a crapload of games and unopened controllers/memory cards in my garage that I never knew about. I also found a keyboard and 2 rumble packs.

Once I figured out how easy it is to pirate DC games I found a bunch I liked (such as Bangai-O). Although, I can't get my new disc burner to work with DiscJuggler, and I was going to burn NesterDC SE and Half-Life Gold, but until I get it fixed I'll have to do something else.

Blue Protoman

BP's Domain
Visit my site today!