Super Famicom Recommendations?

Started by shoggoth80, March 11, 2009, 11:24:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

SNES games are physically larger. SFC games will fit perfectly on a de-tabbed SNES slot with room to spare, but SNES games won't fit on a SFC slot, not without some serious hacking.

Electrically US and JP games are exactly the same. The only difference is the physical one.

Nightstar699

Ok thanks for the info. Ill probably get a snes them.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Cam3ron@FW

Super Earth defence force, ten times better than Gradius or R-type.

Edit: what about Snes Jr? will it play both snes & Sfam games?
Consoles I own (by Generation):

1st: N/A 2nd: Colecovision 3rd: Game Boy Pocket 4th: Game Boy Color, SNES 5th: N64, N64DD, PS1 Sega Saturn  6th: Xbox, 2 Gamecubes, Dreamcast, PSP, DS 7th: Wii, Xbox 360, Ps3

Pikkon

Yup,it plays super fami games just fine.

Famicom Kirby

April 25, 2010, 09:23:08 pm #64 Last Edit: April 25, 2010, 09:34:14 pm by Famicom Kirby
I would recommend Mother 2,hoshi no kirby super deluxe,super mario collection,super mario world,super puyo,and super donkey kong 3. I own the u.s. versions of all but Mother 2,I have it.I don't think there is one for super puyo though.

2A03

Quote from: Pikkon on November 16, 2009, 10:54:17 pm

Once you cut the tabs in the cart slot, that is.

NintendoKing

Dont ruin a SNES Jr.; its simple to take a gamegenie and remove its tabs then use it as a converter.

2A03

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on May 02, 2010, 07:56:23 pm

Dont ruin a SNES Jr.; its simple to take a gamegenie and remove its tabs then use it as a converter.

I don't understand how cutting the tabs would "ruin" it. You don't see the tabs most of the time and they're only chunks of plastic. It's not like removing them causes the system to malfunction or anything. Removing them doesn't even affect the stability of the carts.

Pikkon

May 03, 2010, 01:37:06 am #68 Last Edit: May 03, 2010, 03:49:54 pm by Pikkon
Yea I ruined my 10 dollar snes jr so it can play super fami games. :D
For one I bought the console broken,had to replace the fuse then I added a led to the snes then I gave the console a black paint job.

Also a game genie will not play every snes or super fami game.