The Pirate Bay founders sentenced to prison.

Started by Dante Vale, April 19, 2009, 12:21:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

133MHz

Yeah, they usually sound horrible and at maximum volume, they can be really disturbing.

nintendodork

Quote from: UglyJoe on April 21, 2009, 08:11:48 pm
Yeah, I know most people can't tell the difference.  Younger generations even seem to *prefer* the overly-compressed sound:

http://www.audioholics.com/news/industry-news/kids-prefer-poor-quality-mp3
That sounds pretty spot on with most of my friends.  I can't stand low quality, muffled, music that I get off of Limewire, though.  If I get a track that sounds muffled or something, I just delete it.  I will agree that music on a burned CD sounds worse, but like Manuel said, it's really our only option.  I hate pop music, mainly because of the overall sound, and because of the lack of all the good stuff >:( I'm sort of an audiophile, my laptop has subwoofers, I have Bose earbuds, as well as over-the-ear headphones.
It just sucks that iTunes record companies are starting to ask for more money for their good-quality music.

Also, that picture made me laugh.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

LocalToast

Well unless you're part of a private tracker you're probably going to run into crappy 128kbps songs all the time, anyway. Or, you could just, y'know, BUY some music and rip it lossless yourself. ;)

nintendodork

Yeah, I buy my music most of the time, but if I happen to have low funds in my iTunes account, which isn't very often, I resort to Limewire.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

LocalToast

I can't stand iTunes, so when it comes to legally acquiring music (particularly rare music), it's rather challenging to do so legally. Even with iTunes you can't always find what you want. It's hard to support unknown/foreign groups if it's hard to get their music. :(

I got a $15 iTunes gift card for my birthday and I don't know what to do with it.

nintendodork

Email the code to me ;D

I hate that iTunes doesn't always get the full album.  They're missing three songs from Dethklok's album >:(

Rogles

DON'T USE ITUNES, THEN. Even if you want to acquire music legally, there are other ways to do it online.
( ยด_ゝ`)

nintendodork

The question is...do they have the same quality as iTunes?

manuel

Many outlets offer very good quality these days, but there are a lot of black sheep, too of course.

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: nintendodork on April 20, 2009, 07:35:05 pm
This may eventually form into it's own thread...but...I hate how iTunes is now charging more/less money based on a song's popularity >:( It's stupid.

I noticed this on Amazon as well.  The Pretender by Foo Fighters costs 1.29. Screw that. >:(

japanfreak

Is it illegal to download orchestral game music if there isnt a CD of it? O_o

UglyJoe

Yes, yes it is.  Somebody owns the rights to release the music and have chosen to not (yet) do so.  That does not give you the right to download it.

japanfreak

But what do I need to do then? O_O I JUST WANT MY FAV MUSIC!

UglyJoe

FamicomFreak

I never used or heard about it....I wonder how good it was.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com