April 28, 2024, 06:40:37 pm

PC Gaming?

Started by LocalToast, April 25, 2009, 10:49:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

I haven't tried it.  Is it worth $10?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Rogles

Yah, but I didn't pay for it... If you know what I mean.
( ´_ゝ`)

nintendodork

I WISH MY COMPUTER WAS FAST ENOUGH FOR TORRENTS :'(
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Rogles

( ´_ゝ`)

nintendodork

May 04, 2009, 06:17:42 pm #34 Last Edit: May 04, 2009, 06:24:58 pm by nintendodork
I didn't get one....

EDIT** PM'd back...did you get it?

TanookiSuitSam

May 05, 2009, 01:43:01 am #35 Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 01:51:28 am by TanookiSuitSam
Quote from: nintendodork on May 04, 2009, 05:05:11 pm
I haven't tried it.  Is it worth $10?

Honestly, yeah it is. Building stuff and just messing around is just fun. Depending on what games you have you can use the models/objects/weapons from the games and there is always someone making something for GMod. Heck, you can make some amazing photos/videos from it by just posing characters and messing with their faces and such. It's really fun when you have more then 2-3 people.

TL;DR The stuff in GMod that you can make is really limitless.

Quote from: Blue Protoman on May 02, 2009, 06:34:51 pm
Actually, FPS's on the Wii work really well.  You literally point at the screen and shoot.  Want proof?  Play Medal of Honor: Heroes 2.

I wouldnt really know, I dont own a Wii. But honestly, I really dont have a need for one right now. My PC, famicom, and 360 are all I need right now. All the FPS games I usually want to play are almost always ported to the PC (eventually) and i'll play them when they do. On top of that, the wiimote just infuriates me to no end on its own for being such a gimmick to sell Wii's and just being so...limited to what you can do with it, i guess is the word im looking for.=P

I really don't care about realism considering I play games like Doom, TF2, and Serious Sam.
hi

Blue Protoman

I'm not praising Wii FPS's for being realistic.  I'm praising them for easy control.
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

TanookiSuitSam

Quote from: Blue Protoman on May 05, 2009, 07:53:36 am
I'm not praising Wii FPS's for being realistic.  I'm praising them for easy control.

A keyboard and mouse is honestly a lot easier for me. Using a wiimote just feel like a glorified light gun to me. =S
hi

LocalToast

Quote from: TanookiSuitSam on May 05, 2009, 04:59:20 pm
Quote from: Blue Protoman on May 05, 2009, 07:53:36 am

A keyboard and mouse is honestly a lot easier for me. Using a wiimote just feel like a glorified light gun to me. =S

For me, I think it's easier using a mouse + keyboard because you don't have gravity slightly tugging at the mouse, and you don't have to worry about improper calibration at times. It's kind of just nitpicking, but it's enough to make me rather play on a PC.

The only Wii FPS's I've played are Medal of Honor Heroes 2 and Metroid Prime 3. I own MP3, and have beat it 100%, so I'm not complaining about impossible controls or anything. It's just a personal preference.

manuel

The games should add gravity to the mouse icon, just to make it more realistic.
The controls for mouse/keyboard are TOO GOOD in my opinion. It's too easy to hit the target. Try that with real rifles (running around for hours and not get tired holding your weapon up) and we'll talk again.  :D

nintendodork

In one of my classes, we had to build a city, maintain it, and get a population of over 500,000 on SimCity 3000 for a grade!  It was so easy!  I never thought a game like that would be fun.  I'm thinking about getting a copy for my personal computer to see how high I can get it.  It's really fun!  The news ticker is a nice touch, too :P

Blue Protoman

Video games?  In school?  This is madness!
BP's Domain
Visit my site today!
http://bpsdomain.b1.jcink.com/

PatMan33

Get Sim City 4 if you can help it. It's a great deal more difficult than Sim City 3000 but overall is a much better game.

My opinion is not wrong and if you disagree with me I will fight you!!!

nintendodork

I've played Sim City 4 on my friend's Ipod Touch.  I'm sure the PC version is better, but I liked what I saw when I played it.

PatMan33

I doubt (assume) the iPod version of the game is anything like the computer release.