Price check for Family Basic and Cassette Recorder

Started by tappybot, August 12, 2012, 12:06:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

tappybot

What's a good price for a Family Basic and Cassette Recorder??

They have one over at a local hardoff and I'm wondering if I oughta go get it.   (Can't remember the price at the moment though) It didn't seem like a steal, but it's the first time I've seen the cassette recorder out and about)

Frank_fjs

Family Basic is usually pretty cheap, not much more than 1500yen boxed and complete.

The data recorder fetches a much higher price, maybe 6000y+.

Tricky

Does the Family Basic data recorder have any functionality over any standard tape recorder?

L___E___T

Not from what I can tell - 80sFreak sells regular tape recorders if you need one quickly as well.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Tricky

Pure collectors item then.

I've seen them for sale at $80+, so worth a fair amount if you can find a buyer.

Frank_fjs

The data recorder is definitely a collectors item, and usually an expensive one boxed and complete. Not my cup of tea, and although I do require the functionality of it as mentioned you can use any data recorder with 3.5mm input/output or even an MP3 player (which is what I do).

fami-ave

You can get a new one for $100 on Yahoo easily, but most of the time the box will have wear because it was just a cardboard sleeve around the styrofoam packaging. I've seen used ones go for as cheap as $30 (also YAJ), but take care it comes with all the accessories, especially the nice Nintendo branded cassette tape.

manuel

I got my tape recorder (CIB) for a ridiculously low price.  ;D I won't say how much, though.  :P