Akumajou Densetsu (Castlevania III)

Started by Jedi Master Baiter, November 01, 2006, 02:16:27 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Kreese

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

trevorbelmont

Anyone remember me? I was looking for Akumajou Densetsu (still never found it, lol....) The first thing I would like to say is, I  feel like an jerk because alot of people here tried to help find this game and I forgot about this forum ever since the school year started again. I have question/debatable topic. Here goes: Would you consider Castlevania to be the epitome of rare collectibles including Famicom carts? (I know what our thinking back with Castlevania again? Well hey its my favorite series!)

Joppers

No, I'd say there a quite a few more carts that are much rarer on the Famicom.

Akumajou Densetsu is relatively easy to find, and is always popping up on eBay, and online stores like JapanGameStock, etc.

manuel

Yeah, it isn't that rare at all.

If you tell me how much you'd like to spend I can look for it for you. Shoot me a pm.  ;)

AB Positive

are you the same TrevorBelmont from DigitalPress? :D

If so, I'll keep a lookout as I'm buying lots from Japan, maybe we'll both get lucky and I can trade with you?

Just started the fami collection... want to finish a pulse line collection to start. :)

Joppers

There's several on eBay at the moment.

trevorbelmont

sorry guys but I don't have any money currently :(  (unemployed 17 year-old) we can discuss my question though!

JC

The first release of Akumajou Dracula was originally on disk. After the failure of the Disk System, it was released on cart, pretty late in the game, perhaps after the Super Nintendo had been released. So, to point out the obvious, it didn't sell as many copies as it would have had it been released as a cart sooner. Being that there are few(er) copies, it's rare(r than most).

Akumajou Densetsu had no late release, so it is common and sells CIB for $15, give a few, in Japan. The price has been higher on eBay, because, well, it's eBay.

Arnold101

July 10, 2008, 09:27:52 am #26 Last Edit: July 10, 2008, 09:39:32 am by Arnold101
i have this mod http://www.famicomworld.com/Workshop/AV_Mod.htm it works with akumaio 3 sound on famicom? (mine have 2 Female RCA ΒΌ jacks)

where i can find a cheap cart of this game? thanks  ;)

JC

Carts don't come too cheap, but if you watch obscure lots on eBay, you may find one. I've seen a few lately.

Arnold101

i've see on ebay but nothing

for the akumajo 3 special audio, it works with that mod or not?

Jedi Master Baiter

I have read many times of the lower quality that Castlevania 3 has on the NES port.  I just want to know:

-is it a big deal?
-should I play the Japanese version instead?
-is there anything besides the music?
-is there a good translation?

Likewise, are there any other Konami games with the same situation?