FDS Pirate Disks...a market?

Started by killa0039, June 30, 2009, 10:58:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

killa0039

I recently received a lot of 70+ FDS pirated disks (various types).  Needless to say out of the ones I've tested so far, most are returing error codes.  My question is do people still look for disks to use with the FDS for those who can re-write them?  If I can't use them I might as well try to re-coop my losses somehow.

133MHz

I do. I can rewrite them and I'd be interested in getting lots of non-working disks for cheap, but unfortunately I don't have money to spend on such a thing at the moment. If you still have the offer when my financial situation is better, I'll certainly be your customer :).

JC

I'd be interested, but nonworking pirate disks aren't worth much at all. Let me know your sale price. There's a small market for them. I mostly buy them just to see if I can find hacks. Some people can write games to them, but very few know how at this point.

ericj

I may be interested, too, if JC declines, since he was first.

killa0039

At this point something's better than nothing.  Still need to test a few more....but I can tell you the pile of non-working disks is a lot higher than working disks (mostly err 27's).

cosmic-ark

Hey just wondering if you know you need a game doctor to play pirates on a disk system it could be why there not working

RGB_Gamer

I will take them all. You have PM

JC

Quote from: killa0039 on June 30, 2009, 08:57:41 pm
At this point something's better than nothing.  Still need to test a few more....but I can tell you the pile of non-working disks is a lot higher than working disks (mostly err 27's).

Let us know when you have the number of nonworking ones and we'll see about buying them.

killa0039

RGB_Gamer

nintendodork

I believe JC was first.  Please wait your turn.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

famiac

i have a pirated disk with err. 27, all you need is patience and just keep taking the disk out put it back in until it works it can take 2 to 20 tries or more but that is how i got mine to work.

nurd

If there are any left over from JC or eastbayarb, I'd probably buy a few.

RGB_Gamer

I didn't get any. Still waiting to buy some FDS pirated disks