BEST RPGs For FDS

Started by mobiusclimber, July 11, 2009, 11:44:01 am

Previous topic - Next topic

mobiusclimber

I mainly collect RPGs and have just started collecting them for the FDS. So far I have Aspic, Ai Senshi Nicole, Seiken Psycho Calibur, Esper Dream, Ginga Denshou, Marchen Veil and Kalin no Tsurugi. I've only spent any amount of time playing Aspic, Seiken Psycho Calibur and Esper Dream. I can't seem to get anywhere in Aspic and it seems like a fairly poor title. SPC is ok, it's a Zelda clone in some respects but can be very tough. The graphics are pretty good, but it seems impossible to beat the bosses (who are just hanging out in the same areas you walk around in) and there are some little niggles with the programming that make the game harder than it should be (for instance, when you first step into a screen, you can't attack anything, but it can hit you). Esper Dream I've spent the most time playing and it seems like a fairly solid title, tho not great or exceptional in any way.

What do you guys think is the best RPG for the FDS, and what games would you suggest I pick up? Also out of the rest of the games I have, what do you think is the best one?
Proud owner of Super Smash Games in Tacoma and Seattle

Zeloz (akaBill)

Hmm... Can't really say what would be the best FDS RPG, but I can say that it would be wise to avoid Deep Dungeon.

Out of your collection, I'd have to say Ai Senshi Nicol is my favorite. As for Esper Dream, the game's not too shabby, but I really haven't played much of it.

mobiusclimber

I've only fired up Nicol once just to test that it was working. I was really impressed w/ the fact that it has an intro tho (most of the games I've played on the FDS so far haven't had one).

Surprised no one else has chimed in, but I guess RPGs on the FDS just aren't that popular... even amongst FDS-enthusiasts! XD
Proud owner of Super Smash Games in Tacoma and Seattle