April 28, 2024, 11:58:40 am

Best video game music?

Started by Nightstar699, August 03, 2009, 03:34:53 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

[why do all of your posts have a different subject line from everyone else's posts? Makes it more difficult to know what a thread's about, especially when the subject is changed to "No subject."]

UglyJoe

[He's changing the Subject: line after he hits reply.  It's annoying, but I haven't PM'd him about it since he's technically not breaking any rules.]

Jollie

@nintendodork

no the sega cd version only play present and future tracks that were encoded in redbook audio. the sega
cd past tracks were encoded differently so they do not appear on the sega cd version only the PC.
Great Fox will cover you.

Byron

Right now I'm digging (heh, pun) the Mole Mania music. I've been humming it all day.

son_ov_hades

I don't think it gets any better than Street Fighter 2, especially Ken's stage.

satoshi_matrix

I would say everything from Donkey Kong Country 2. Bramble Blast, Hot Head Hop, Kremlin Mines, oh man. Dive Wise as his best.

xyzzy32

Castlevania series (esp. Symphony of the Night)
SNES Sim City
Donkey Kong Country Series (esp. 2)
Zelda series (esp. Majora's Mask)
That's all that comes to mind at the moment.

keiffer01

The Ace Attorney games have a GREAT soundtrack. I also found Famicom Tantei Club 2 on SNES had great music. Resident Evil 5's the Mercenairies song is also very good and intense. :P

X

i'll have this pick  ;D

- Breath of Fire III (Playstation)
- Ninja Ryukenden 3 (Famicom)
- Rockman 3 (Famicom)
- Rockman X4 (Playstation)
- Sonic 3 (Megadrive)
- Final Fantasy VI (Super Famicom)

there are 3 of 3's of the following  :o

Rogles

Most tracks from Rockman 2.
I especially like Wily Stages 1/2 and 3/4's themes.
( ´_ゝ`)

Toneman

I do have to say, I've left alot of PC Engine games on sitting for a half hour listening to them over and over, same goes for Rockman and Forte boss battle (Super Famicom version)
Instagram: Kokujin804

Rogles

Oh yeah, PC Engine has great music. My favorite version of The Power of Anger(ya know, Salamander stage 1?) is the PCE one.
( ´_ゝ`)

FamicomFreak

Here are some of my favorites...

Chorno Trigger, Super Adventure Island, Final Fantasy 1-7, Grandia 1-2, and most Mega Man games before the power battle crap started...
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

I love music from "A Link to the Past", "Secret of Mana" and "Wind Waker".

LocalToast

Don't deny that Contra 4 has some totally BA songs.