List of Famicom/NES game differences

Started by featherplucknfilms, September 08, 2006, 02:22:00 am

Previous topic - Next topic

JC

November 13, 2006, 02:38:30 pm #15 Last Edit: November 13, 2006, 02:50:24 pm by JC
Merged Jedi's topic on Zelda. Also...here's the list so far:

Donald Duck/Snoopy's Silly Sports Spectacular
Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
Contra
Green Beret
Hitler no Fukkatsu/Bionic Commando
Link no Bouken/Adventure of Link
Mad City/Adventures of Bayou Billy
Magic John/Totally Rad
Raf World/Journey to Silius
Roger Rabbit/Bugs Bunny's Crazy Castle
Superman
Tokkou Shirei Solbrain/Shatterhand

JC

Good catch. :) I guess that's some evidence to show I've never played a Zelda game. :-[

Doc

Quote from: JC on November 13, 2006, 02:52:01 pm
Good catch. :) I guess that's some evidence to show I've never played a Zelda game. :-[

...?!

JC

JC

nes_pwnerer

November 15, 2006, 05:02:26 pm #20 Last Edit: November 16, 2006, 05:11:52 pm by nes_pwnerer
Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball (has a different name and characters in Japan), Kung Fu (called "Spartran X" in Japan), Super Mario Bros. 2 (this is really obvious, but it wasn't on the list so...), the Mega Man games (all of them (except the first I believe) had subtitles as well as the Mega Buster being called the Rock Buster to match out hero's name. Another thing: they all had box art that actually depicted what Mega Man looked like, while over hear he looked a lot like Superman with a gun, a gnome, and just a really muscular Mega Man), and...that's all I can think of right now. Hope this helps!

EDIT: It's "Spartan X", not  "Spartran X". My bad!  ::)

JC

That does help. I'd argue that SMB2j and SMB don't count, because really all that changed was the name. We got SMB2 before Japan got SMUSA.

Doc

Quote from: nes_pwnerer on November 15, 2006, 05:02:26 pm
Dusty Diamond's All-Star Softball (has a different name and characters in Japan),

I believe they were animals? Correct me if I'm wrong.

featherplucknfilms

Green Beret vs Rush 'N Attack

- More weapon wielding Green enemies, each one only gives you 1 round (rocket, grenade, etc) for the weapon instead of 3 as in RNA.  There is no max number of rounds you can acquire. 

- When you die you begin where you left off instead of starting back earlier in the level, thus making it much easier of a game. 

- There are underground passages that you can get to by finding ladders underneath the landmines after they blow up. 

Jedi Master Baiter

Are you kidding?  Is our Rush 'N Attack inferior to their Green Beret?

featherplucknfilms

Inferior?!?  no!!  Different??  yes!!  and more difficult...

Doc

Quote from: featherplucknfilms on November 15, 2006, 09:56:38 pm

- There are underground passages that you can get to by finding ladders underneath the landmines after they blow up. 

That is awesome! I'm glad I bought the game. :)

nes_pwnerer

QuoteI believe they were animals? Correct me if I'm wrong.

They weren't just animals...they were pretty much everything.  There's an article about it on NESPlayer under "10 Famicom Games You Should or Should Not Be Playing", but I can't get at it right now (DSL, how I loath thee).

Jedi Master Baiter

featherplucknfilms

It's cool to have the names of the games in Japan that were released in US also but I believe they are already all listed in the carts section of the webpage.  When I started this thread my intentions were to have people state what those differences actually are, like I did for Rush 'N Attack vs. Green Beret.  I hope to do more of this more myself but actually I don't have an NES in Japan so I have to base everything off of what I remember (or start playing ROMS).  But so, it'd be really cool if you guys could list the differences too, not just the names of games in Japan and US since that's already been done.  Thanks guys!