Zelda 3: The Tri-Force of the Gods (Chinese Original - Famicom/NES)

Started by Trenton_net, September 18, 2009, 07:43:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Jedi Master Baiter

Quote from: jbholio on September 22, 2009, 10:58:37 am
However, the music is not the best aspect of the game. It has nothing to do with zelda's music.

No! >:( You spoiled it for me. Why? :(

Why? :'(

Trenton_net

I'm glad it arrived ok. If you could kindly update the feedback thread, it would be sincerely appreciated!

Freeze at the game over screen? Are you running a clone or a real Famicom? Because I don't think the development teams were given real Famicoms to use :-) They probably developed the product running on an edutainment machine their company makes.

Anyways, Zelda is old news. Time to bring out the next title!

MS-DOS4

Quote from: jbholio on September 22, 2009, 10:58:37 am
I received my copy  ;D I've played it for about 15 minutes during my lunch break and I was very impressed. The graphics are very good for a NES game and the controls are not too bad. However, the music is not the best aspect of the game. It has nothing to do with zelda's music.  The items are not exactly where you find them in the SNES game. I got a bottle in the basement of the castle. I need to figure out how to save. When you die, you get a big game over screen and the game get stuck there.

You MUST make a video for us!  :)
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

Bramsworth

He's right, I have the same problem. I gotta play more to figure out how to save, but if you have a save you can just reset and continue anyway. Still odd they didn't fix that.

Trenton_net

I think the manual covers saving. I'll have to take a look if I get a chance.

Bramsworth

Nope, I just went through the whole manual a few times. I don't see a word about saving anywhere  ::) I'll get back to playing it now and see if I can figure it out. I notice there's a mini FAQ up to the first dungeon in the back of the manual :)

jbholio

I figured out how to save, push start to display the menu and choose the option in the bottom right corner. When you load, you'll continue where you saved. Now, I'm stuck at the eastern palace boss. How the hell do you kill the 4 knights? They turn in circle, but the sword, arrows or bombs don't seem to hurt them.

Bramsworth

I'm stuck in the same area. I went all over the dungeon and didn't find anything uncovered. I know it's possible to get further in game though since I see people on the official Waixing board asking for help at Death Mountain, which is much further in game.

If anyone is playing this let us know if you figure it out!

jbholio

I still haven't passed the eastern palace, but it's possible to beat Agahnim in the castle. He takes tons of hits but he's not too hard. The problem is once he's beat, you go to the dark world as a rabbit. I played for about an hour but couldn't find a way to get back to link. The rabbit can't attack. In the SNES version, you need the orb (found in tower on top of the mountain) to play as link in the dark world. I think it could be a problem with the Waixing version. In the SNES version you need the master sword to enter in the castle where Agahnim is hidden.

Bramsworth

Sounds like a mistake on their part for letting you get ahead in the game when you shouldn't.

I think I might try(and use my not so great Chinese) posting on Waixing's board and asking how you beat the boss in the eastern dungeon. Someone must know...

Trenton_net

Isn't there some Chinese guide you guys were talking about? If you post it, it probably tells you.

Bramsworth

Not that I know of. As I've pointed out, some people have asked questions on the Waixing board, but no one's made a comprehensive guide covering the whole game as far as I know yet.

Trenton_net

Quote from: Bramsworth on September 21, 2009, 09:22:44 pm
I dunno, I've read some Chinese guides for it and it seems to go all the way to the darkworld or whatever that section of the game is called.

What guides? Sounds like you looked at some FAQs or something. I guess you really mean just some discussions about the game :-)

Bramsworth

Heh, well basically yeah. Posts that discuss one specific problem in the game. More specifically, here:
http://www.waixing.com.cn:8080/dzbbs/thread-3237-1-1.html

Edit: Tried posting to ask for help on their Zelda board but they don't allow people who registered within the first 24 hrs to post :/

Trenton_net

Sounds more like one guy talking and no one else offering anything helpful. Some discussion :P