April 29, 2024, 08:51:40 am

Nintendo 64

Started by nintendodork, October 15, 2009, 01:53:59 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

So, I want Sin & Punishment and the first Pokemon Stadium. :P  I don't have the tools to open up my N64, and take out the protector thing.  (or the dust cover. :'() So, since this works with the Genesis, I figured I could do it with the N64 too.  Couldn't I just put the Japanese game in a GameShark, and start up the game without any codes?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Rob64

I've never heard of that trick actually. I've heard of a way to do the import mod on the N64 without taking it apart.

You chissel the tabs out with a flathead screwdriver...  ;D
Now you're playing with Power

nintendodork

That's the main reason I asked this question.

What tabs? ???
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Pikkon

October 27, 2009, 06:31:32 pm #48 Last Edit: October 27, 2009, 06:37:11 pm by Pikkon
Its easy to open your N64 up.

Grab a bic pen,take out the ink part and just have the plastic tube,like the end on fire and blow it out and stick it on the screw,let it sit for a few seconds and start twisting,the screw should come out.
Thats how I opened up my N64,Gamecube and Snes.
Also another thing I did,once I got the screws out I replaced them with some phillips screws for easy opening.

Rob64

Okay, maybe tabs was a poor word choice.

I can't see that clear in your picture but when you open the dust cover for an american N64, you look for a square piece on both side which ressemble how the cart fits with the corners on the back cut out....

If you understood that, you know which square pieces to chissel out. Be careful because damage could be possible.... or just get a 4.5 mm gamebit

nintendodork

Oh, you mean these?

I didn't see those at first.  They seem like they'd be harder to remove than what they were on a SNES.

Rob64

YES! The thing that is circled is your target and yes, more challenging than the SNES mod, but doable.

Again, either chissel them out with a flathead (not reccomended, can potentially ruin your system)

or

Acquire necessary tools and watch the youtube video about this by MN12BIRD