April 29, 2024, 05:40:11 am

Nintendo Vs. Dualsystem

Started by LocalToast, December 29, 2009, 12:02:13 am

Previous topic - Next topic

LocalToast

I was wondering if anyone knows where I can get ahold of some Vs. System ROMs/PPUs, etc. I check eBay every day but was wondering if there was some other community of arcade collectors that I can buy games from. I know that you can find a list of owners/potential buyers from klov.com, but it seems to be almost dead (except for people like me who want certain games ;) )

I set up an ad on craigslist for my local area and found 2 people that have a Vs. Dualsystem, one has one in great condition for $500 with Super Mario Bros., RBI Baseball, Top Gun, and Castlevania. If I ever have the patience to save up the money (sigh), I will probably buy it from him. However, I also want to expand my library of games, which is what brought me to make this thread.

If I understand correctly you can't just swap out ROMs, you also need to swap PPUs; if you are going to change games often. My plan is to hopefully buy a bunch of PCBs and organize them by PPU so that I can easily swap out games without worrying too much about the PPU. http://johnsarcade.com/nintendo_vs_ppu_info.php#misc Here, the author organized the games by PPU, then by title, so I can use it as a reference. But mainly, I just want to know if there's anywhere else besides eBay to find Nintendo Vs. games. Thank you!  :)

nintendodork

I know that PlayChoice 10s have swappable ROMs and such, but AFAIK, VS systems don't contain regular NES games, and thus, don't have games like Castlevania on them.  I could be wrong though.  I'm pretty sure that they have games with VS in their name only.  Such as VS. Super Mario Bros, VS. Balloon Fight, VS. Excitebike, and so on.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

LocalToast

(Err, I meant Vs. Super Mario Bros., Vs. RBI Baseball, Vs. Top Gun, and Vs. Castlevania.)

So I guess it's safe to assume that there isn't a big community or market for Vs. system games... darn. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for the right auctions, unless anyone else knows of a different source.

LocalToast

That would be really cool... but how would I order from them? Shipping would probably be a hassle as well... I'll take any info you have, though.  :)

LocalToast

Very cool. Thanks for the info.

Maybe after I get an actual Vs. Dualsystem I'll look into buying from those stores... I'm acquainted with 2 people who visit Japan semi-regularly, though I don't know if they'd be willing to buy arcade boards for me. ::) I'm sure there are other "middlemen" I can come in contact with, but I'll keep this site handy. Thanks again. ;)