Last game you beat (including Famicom)

Started by Doc, July 29, 2006, 11:29:29 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

mammal93

Yeah I'm just getting my first FDS so I have't played anything yet, but Zelda will be my first. I do plan on eventually buying Zelda 2, but I spent a lot getting games and the hardware so I'm waiting for it right now. It'll be interesting to see the differences. I played Zelda 2 more as a kid than Zelda 1 so I know it like the back of my hand.

Yeah I can dig a linear story based experience, but having a fully open Zelda made me realize I was really missing that in my life. Now I just need a new Ultima  ;D

nerdynebraskan

I just no-deathed Mega Man 2 (NES) for the first time. That was pretty cool.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

P

Nice, that one is supposedly quite hard to 1CC due to the Boobeam Trap boss. I think I always waste a continue to beat it because I run out of Crash ammo.

Quote from: mammal93 on March 30, 2017, 10:03:53 am
I played Zelda 2 more as a kid than Zelda 1 so I know it like the back of my hand.

Me too, which is why I'm much better at Zelda 2 than Zelda 1. I never understood why it's one of the most disliked Zelda games. It was mostly considered the best game there was when it came out. Sure it's very different from other Zelda games in behind sight, but when it came out there was only one other game to compare with.

Last game I beat:
Zelda no Densetsu: Kamigami no Triforce - 100% complete, all secrets and no Game Overs.
While it was far from the first time I beat this game with one life, it was the first time in several years. I'm glad to see that it hasn't aged at all, it's truly still the best game in the Zelda series (closely followed by Ocarina) IMO.

I'm still in a Zelda mood though so I'm going to continue this little marathon with Zelda: Yume wo Miru Shima. That is one of the Zelda games I played the least. I only beat it once and that was with tons of Game Overs so I didn't see the good ending. Also it was the DX version I beat as I didn't buy the monochrome game when it came out for some reason (I have it now though).

UglyJoe

Blaster Master Zero on the Switch.  Good game, but way too easy up until the end.

P

Oh so you got a Switch? Nice!

Zelda no Densetsu: Yume wo Miru Shima (monochrome Japanese 1.0 version) - 100% complete, all secrets and no Game Overs.
Maybe the Zelda game with the most frustrating dungeons and hardest to find secrets so far (second quest of Zelda 1 might be worse though). I remember I got stuck several times as a kid in the dungeons. Bombable walls without cracks and a few puzzles that requires thinking differently from the standard formula. The DX version is a bit easier with the added owl statues in dungeons replacing the stone tablets and giving away more hints. Though being easier, I'd say the DX version is the better version because of the added photograph quest, the new dungeon and other smaller additions.

OK coming up next: Toki no Okarina!

xIceMan

Just recently finished Mega Man 1-6 on the NES completely. Damn I remember them easier from my childhood, hah.

Jedi Master Baiter

Finally completed Metal Gear Solid after playing it on and off for the last month. Got a bandana.

I wish disk swapping worked with these disks so I could see the other endings. :(

P

Congratulations! Bandana eh, so you got the good ending. The bad ending is sad and non-canon, but you do get a cooler item, I mean unlimited ammo isn't very exciting.

What do you mean disc swapping doesn't work? It's a 2-disc game, how could you complete the game if you can't swap discs?

Jedi Master Baiter

I took it to my local used game store, and when the guy couldn't figure it out, we used their copy of the game to create a disc 2 save.

Other than disc swapping, I've had no problems playing my copy. What's also weird is that disc swapping to play a new game on disc 1 also doesn't work. ???

By the way, how many different endings are there?

L___E___T

Weird, you'll be stuck if you get VR Missions as well, as you have to own MGS disc(s) to get it to load...
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Jedi Master Baiter

May 10, 2017, 01:34:10 pm #745 Last Edit: May 10, 2017, 01:53:23 pm by Jedi QuestMaster
I'll take it in again on Saturday to see if they're tech expert can figure out what's wrong. So far it's been tried on two different Playstations with two different memory cards.

I was told that my discs looked like they were kept in very good condition (perhaps even better than their copy). So I really don't get this.

Edit: Apparently "disc swap" means something else. Every time I try to find help online, I get this crap: http://www.wikihow.com/Disk-Swap-on-a-PlayStation

Edit: The SLUS numbers on the discs match the case. Did Metal Gear Solid get any version updates? And if so, would the SLUS # be different?

P

I see, that's kind of wierd. Maybe some scratches or bad laser or something gets in the way for the disc swapping. I don't know much about optical discs though.
I wonder, what happens when you try to disc swap? Does it just freeze, or doesn't it recognize the other disc or something?

I've no idea about versions of the game. I played a PAL version back in the day.

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 10, 2017, 01:10:51 pm
By the way, how many different endings are there?

I'm pretty sure there was just two endings in MGS. Bad ending and good ending. The good ending is canon.
You get the bad ending by (spoiler):
Spoiler
Giving up in the torture scene (press SELECT). The good ending is gotten by surviving the torture scene without giving up until you are able to escape.
[close]

Quote from: Jedi QuestMaster on May 10, 2017, 01:34:10 pm
Edit: Apparently "disc swap" means something else. Every time I try to find help online, I get this crap: http://www.wikihow.com/Disk-Swap-on-a-PlayStation

Yeah the Playstation's piracy protection is kind of weak. And that method would probably not work with Metal Gear Solid because that game requires hot swapping the disc half through the game. You can't save, turn off and boot from the second disc (like in for example the Final Fantasy games).

nerdynebraskan

I just got done beating the Mission mode of Puyo Puyo (Famicom). Some of those puzzles were pretty tricky! (Yes, I needed walkthrough help on about a quarter of them...)

I also beat Kamen no Ninja: Hanamaru (Famicom) for the first time today. That one has an asterisk next to it, since I have beaten Yo! Noid once or twice before and it's basically the same game. It certainly makes more sense in a anime world with ninjas vs. starring the annoying mascot of a corporate pizza chain.

Somewhere... nightstar will see this and smile.
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

Yelir

I finished Hebereke this morning after starting it up about 2 days back. I kept note of my passwords with my phone, but the game was so short it almost feels like a save feature is completely unnecessary. This is easily a gem in the Sunsoft catalog, but I would have made the main game much longer...

Maybe this is an IP that would be suitable for a Switch title!  :bub:

mammal93

Finally played through Zelda no Densetsu, finally!  8)