Hong Kong Famicom

Started by 133MHz, November 28, 2009, 02:02:16 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Famicom Beginner

thanks for the info ive just tracked down the goods to do the job and a tutorial on youtube how to dismantle it ill let you know how i get on, thanks guys

Famicom Beginner

thats not worked have you got any more ideas on how to get rid of this err 27

133MHz

Do you have any other disk games? If so, do all of them fail to load?

Famicom Beginner

nope only the one im afraid :(

Famicom Beginner

hi guys ive just bought another game and it works so it looks like ive possibly had the first game to close to magnet and lost the data is there any way to rewrite these games to the disk thank you

ooXxXoo

March 19, 2010, 02:58:29 pm #20 Last Edit: April 18, 2010, 07:26:21 pm by ooXxXoo
Hong Kong FC

Well, just wanted to add my 2 ¢ regarding what already has been said....The Hong Kong Famicom does indeed have NTSC PPU & CPU with the addition of flip signal converter....I got one from another fellow member..Removed the existing clk signals and installed my own NTSC master Clock circuit:

Here you can see can see the 3 native jumper wires that go to the PAL converter near the RF (yellow/orange/red):

And finally, a quick NTSC AV mod:

NintendoKing

I would trade my original Japanese Famicom in a second for a HK Famicom, they are so awesome. Any takers?

FamicomRetroGamer

Whoa, where can I buy one? :o

b1aCkDeA7h

Quote from: ooXxXoo on March 19, 2010, 02:58:29 pm
Hong Kong FC

Well, just wanted to add my 2 ¢ regarding what already has been said....The Hong Kong Famicom does indeed have NTSC PPU & CPU with the addition of flip signal converter....I got one from another fellow member..Removed the existing clk signals and installed my own NTSC master Clock circuit:

Here you can see can see the 3 native jumper wires that go to the PAL converter near the RF (yellow/orange/red):

And finally, a quick NTSC AV mod:

Glad to see you were able to make something of it. Mighty fine AV mod as usual.

nintendodork

Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on March 19, 2010, 03:21:21 pm
I would trade my original Japanese Famicom in a second for a HK Famicom, they are so awesome. Any takers?
The only difference between this A/V modded Hong-Kong Famicom and a regular Famicom is the sticker.  Not to mention if you have an unmodded one, the picture won't work iirc.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

b1aCkDeA7h

Quote from: nintendodork on March 20, 2010, 04:55:17 pm
The only difference between this A/V modded Hong-Kong Famicom and a regular Famicom is the sticker.  Not to mention if you have an unmodded one, the picture won't work iirc.

Stickers. Every sticker is in English, the front sticker says Hong Kong version, and the bottom plate has a sticker that has all the HK part numbers. That one that ooXxXoo modded used to be mine.

NintendoKing

Quote from: nintendodork on March 20, 2010, 04:55:17 pm
Quote from: The Uninvited Gremlin on March 19, 2010, 03:21:21 pm

Hmm.. then I would like the shell to one. Lol.

speedmike

I just got an AV Modded HK Famicom on Saturday!

The AC Adapter isn't OEM

Instruction book and Registration Card

My Square Button Famicom next to my HK Famicom

Picture of the Back.

b1aCkDeA7h

Wow, that is a clean square button Famicom.

AvanOsch

December 03, 2012, 05:17:50 pm #29 Last Edit: January 19, 2013, 07:56:15 am by AvanOsch
I realize this is an old thread, but I have a weird Famicom/Makko combination somewhat like the images in the first post.
I have some questions, and wanted to show y'all the combo I have here.

Searching all over the web, I have not found any images with this exact Makko Power/RF PCB (BN5060 II Super).
Also, I haven't seen any attached to a GPM-02 mainboard.
This is a round-button Famicom, and the sticker on the bottom has the "VCI logo" (HC3066046).
When they added the Makko PCB, they also seem to have broken the capacitor "C5" (Top view).
The white wire (Bottom view) is connected at that point:

Top view:

Bottom view:

Un-capped RF module (the cap has "Makko" embossed):

RF module sticker:

A few years ago, I AV modded this Famicom with some success. (Mod removed, visible in Bottom view (top-left))
It seems to have failed now. (Colors were off, and sound was buzzing)
I'm planning to do a new AV Mod, but I have a few questions:
- Do I actually need an AV Mod, or could I wire directly to the Makko PCB? (I live in the Netherlands, so PAL = Good)
 * Notice the free contacts on the RF Module, near the MK5060 IC
- What advantages or disadvantages do I have (living in a PAL region), having this Makko "modification"?
- What are the 3 (I see ground) short red wires for? (Top view, "connector" P3)
- What are the 3 long wires for? (White, red and yellow)
- Anything else someone could tell me about this configuration?

Thanks for your replies!