What's the name of this song?

Started by nintendodork, December 13, 2009, 12:41:03 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

December 28, 2009, 10:39:43 pm #15 Last Edit: December 28, 2009, 11:12:23 pm by nintendodork
I know it's in German, but that doesn't matter at all.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hPPPqdz5pIs

What's the song @ 2:00? (if it's actually a song.)

Edit:  Found it.  It's "Running One" from the soundtrack to Run Lola Run

http://www.amazon.com/Lola-Original-Motion-Picture-Soundtrack/dp/B001BV1LBY
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

nensondubois

What's the name of this song? It's one of those: ooh ahh songs. :)

I'll describe it the best to my ability starting with what I remember what it was called then reciting the song with arrows indicating a "^" for a higher note, and "D" for a lower note after the "O' and - being the same note with a rest: "Grave" some death word but I recall it having something to do with "grave" in either artist or song.

O^o^o-Do-o-oho^--O^o^oDoD

That probably doesn't look to friendly.

I'll describe it some more. It sounds a like a church hall with techno music and has been quite common and the last place I heard it was in Circuit City, a few years ago when it existed.

nintendodork

This song has no lyrics, so I just uploaded it to Youtube, so you can listen to it rather than just try and guess. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L1nBbZhVwkk

Copied from my description:
So, for the longest time, I had this song on my computer thinking it was Short Circuit, from the album "Discovery" by Daft Punk. I just recently downloaded the whole "Discovery" album, and the actual Short Circuit is nothing like this song. So my question to you is; what's this song?
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

ericj

Have you tried any of the song ID programs? I tried Shazam through my iPhone, but it couldn't identify it. There are others, like Midomi, Musipedia, and Name My Tune, but I didn't try those since I don't have them downloaded.  :P

nensondubois

The song has been found ages ago, and it is Oah - By Zombie Nation.

nintendodork

^It's commonly referred to that or some variant because of it's lack of words, but the real title is "Kernkraft 400".

nintendodork

Quote from: ericj on December 27, 2010, 01:27:36 pm
Have you tried any of the song ID programs? I tried Shazam through my iPhone, but it couldn't identify it. There are others, like Midomi, Musipedia, and Name My Tune, but I didn't try those since I don't have them downloaded.  :P
I also recently found out the song I posted is actually a popular bootleg that was apart of the "Discovery beta" album that was going around the internet before Discovery was released.  None of the tracks on this bootleg 'album' are actually related to Daft Punk in any way, but TheDaftClub forum has compilations of all the bootlegs available for download on their website if anyone's interested.