Super Mario Kart Track Editor

Started by MarioMania, January 10, 2010, 09:44:54 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MarioMania

I'm trying to find a SMK Track Editor for Windows

I want to try to make some GBA Tracks to play on the SNES.

or just make new ones, Is there a simple one??

UglyJoe

There's two here:

http://www.romhacking.net/?game=755&page=utilities&utilsearch=Go

I'm pretty sure, though, that the computer racers will be too dumb to realize that the track has changed.

MarioMania

I can't get make10 to run??

..it's saying can't open smk.smc

Every god dam editor..not working for me

133MHz

Quote from: MarioMania on January 10, 2010, 11:23:04 pm
..it's saying can't open smk.smc

I think it means that the filename & path for the Super Mario Kart ROM is hardcoded in the program - the file must be named exactly "smk.smc" and most likely it must reside in the same directory as the program for it to work.

MarioMania

I changed it..but now it's saying invaild ROM :(

Can I just a fucking working editor with out all the damn problems

MarioMania

baa..I just want a easy editor, not a hard one..

I just want to mod a track, is that soo hard to ask

UglyJoe

Quote from: MarioMania on January 11, 2010, 01:06:16 pm
I just want to mod a track, is that soo hard to ask

Well I don't see you figuring out the various data formats of SMK and making your own editor, so, yes.  Yes it is.

satoshi_matrix

ROM hacking on the scale you seek is very difficult and complicated. Even doing very simple things such as editing text strings is surprisingly difficult and limited. If you're really passionate about learning how to rom hack, you need to devote ungodly hours into it. Like everything else in life, you get only what put into it. There is no quick fix or easy editor. If it were easy, don't you think that there would be a much larger community of established ROM hacks?

I don't say this to discourage you. On the contrary, I hope all the walls in your way help you to become the next great ROM hacker. Good luck, dude.