April 28, 2024, 04:54:48 pm

The iPad

Started by nintendodork, February 01, 2010, 02:49:47 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

nintendodork

No, I'm not Canadian.  Not to be confused with the much more useful iPod, the iPad is..well..a gigantic iPod Touch minus the headphone jack.

The cheapest one is $499, which has 16GB of hard drive space.  The most expensive one is $699 and has 64GB of hard drive space.  Oh, and if you want 3G in addition to Wi-Fi, the 16GB model is $629, and the 64GB model is $829.

I know someone else will post this if I don't, so I'll just go ahead and do it. :P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9BnLbv6QYcA

I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

UglyJoe

Did they seriously use the word "magical" to describe their device?

nintendodork

Did they seriously use "unbelievable price" to make it sound cost-effective? ::)
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

February 01, 2010, 03:07:44 pm #3 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 03:15:41 pm by L___E___T
I also laughed at "an unbelievable price"  :D

I now think Apple have serious mental problems.  I've ready seen so much bad press over this thing..  500 bucks for a low rent graphics tablet with no keyboard, no flash, no privacy, no freedom of software, no phone?...   I could go on.

What the hell is the point in this thing?

It's like a laptop for yuppies with more cash than sense - except it's more out of date than the term yuppies itself.  It seems to be just a giant ipod touch, I wouldn't even swap my iphone for this.

And as for gaming - I know people who are already developing for this - I'll pray for them.
The thing is, everyone listens to music, everyone needs a phone and most folks in developed countries are lucky enough to have their own computer.  But do people really need a digital newspaper now as well?  It's not even widescreen.

Who knows maybe this will work out.  Apple-o-philes will still make it sell out on launch and maybe there will be some "magical" point to it all but this does nothing to tempt me as I already have items that do everything this does but better.  I don't need to spend another 500 bucks buying a sub-par version of them all in one awkward package.

This is actually unintentionally annoying the hell out of me right now.  I have to click post and leave this subject the hell alone.

...and not even a single USB port!!!
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

son_ov_hades

nintendodork

The first instance I ever heard the word "iPad" was when one of my friends came up to me and said "Hey Tyler, have you heard about the iPad yet?"

I thought it was an opening line for a sex joke.

UglyJoe

To be fair, that comparison chart is pretty inaccurate. 

There *is* a headphone jack.  The screen is LED, which is gonna give a much nicer picture than a 7-year-old device.  It's a multi-touch screen as opposed to a single-touch.  It has Bluetooth (which is good for keyboards/mice, but little else).  Also, that model cost way more new than the iPad does.  Even today, a quick look on google shows it going for $550 (refurbished) and up.  The comparison is more apples & oranges than it makes itself out to be.

Granted, USB and other expansion options would be wonderful -- that's a major strike against it.  There's plenty to hate here, no need to go making up and spreading inaccurate charts when the products specs fail on their own.

L___E___T

February 01, 2010, 04:02:44 pm #7 Last Edit: February 01, 2010, 05:30:43 pm by L___E___T
Yeah but, those USB ports..  They're very expensive to add in to the specs.  Sony cut them for the same reason from the PS3.

(yes I am joking)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

JC

ericj

I'm really surprised Steve Jobs is still alive & kickin' after all his health problems. Guess you can buy a longer life if you've got the money.  ::)

L___E___T

:D yeah, it's nearly in the same league as 'synergy'.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nensondubois

People would buy anything I guess. No headphone jack? That's like buying a new car without a muffler.

Jollie

it has a headphone jack.
Great Fox will cover you.

L___E___T

Besides, we all know cars sound way better with no muffler!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

nensondubois

Quote from: nintendodork on February 01, 2010, 02:49:47 pm
Not to be confused with the much more useful iPod, the iPad is..well..a gigantic iPod Touch minus the headphone jack.

once again...

Several posts ago someone said it was lacking a headphone jack. ??? Unless they weren't serious,