Weird 15 in 1

Started by jbholio, February 02, 2010, 03:38:05 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

jbholio

Look at this auction : http://goods.ruten.com.tw/item/show?21001299047544

It's a 15 in 1 but it has some great games on it.
The first screen is from Street Fighter IV.
The second one has background from Earthworm Jim 3.
The third is called The Hummer (anything to do with Hummer Team?)
The fifth one seems to be from Harry's Legend and the seventh one is definitely from Harry's Legend but they changed the look of the character and named it Jack.

Never seen something like this before.

ericj

Interesting cart! Gotta love the seller's name, too: coddle_pig_leg  :D

JC

The only weird one is Hummer, I think. I recognize Harry's Legend, with a hacked main character. I think I just got this cart in the mail but haven't played it. I'll try to pop it in tonight and report back tomorrow.

JC

1. Street Fighter IV - Gouder
2. The Hummer - a Sonic the Hedgehog title screen and main character hack
3. [unnamed] - single screen game like Bubble Bobble; you're a Felix-like cat and you have to get from one side of the screen to the other without dying, then advance to the next level, which adds enemies and obstacles.
4. War - single screen game; you're a military dude at the bottom and you throw swords upward at enemies who are trying to get down to you or shoot down at you; borrows Earthworm Jim graphics.
5. "Jack" - Harry's Legend hack with Jack from Titantic as the main character; graphics and enemies are hacked to give the feel of being inside the Titantic.
6. "Rose" - same as above only with Rose and the Titantic has hit the iceberg 'cause there's water you can drown in.
7. The Duck - Duck Hunt clone with some bird, not ducks.
8. The Egg - same as above only the birds lay eggs while flying and if you fail to shoot them, they hit the ground and crack and you lose points.
9. - 15. [unnamed] - single screen game; you go from one side of the screen to the other to clear each level. Much like #3. Each is either different levels of the same game or basic hacks of the same game.

jbholio

Quote from: JC on February 03, 2010, 01:52:45 pm
1. Street Fighter IV - Gouder
2. The Hummer - a Sonic the Hedgehog title screen and main character hack
3. [unnamed] - single screen game like Bubble Bobble; you're a Felix-like cat and you have to get from one side of the screen to the other without dying, then advance to the next level, which adds enemies and obstacles.
4. War - single screen game; you're a military dude at the bottom and you throw swords upward at enemies who are trying to get down to you or shoot down at you; borrows Earthworm Jim graphics.
5. "Jack" - Harry's Legend hack with Jack from Titantic as the main character; graphics and enemies are hacked to give the feel of being inside the Titantic.
6. "Rose" - same as above only with Rose and the Titantic has hit the iceberg 'cause there's water you can drown in.
7. The Duck - Duck Hunt clone with some bird, not ducks.
8. The Egg - same as above only the birds lay eggs while flying and if you fail to shoot them, they hit the ground and crack and you lose points.
9. - 15. [unnamed] - single screen game; you go from one side of the screen to the other to clear each level. Much like #3. Each is either different levels of the same game or basic hacks of the same game.

That's interesting... Games #3, #4 and #9-15 could be originals or hacks. Are there any copyrights on the title screen of the games, other than Gouder From SFIV?

MWK

Let us work on it JC, give us a title and one ingame pic per game you don't recognize.

JC

No copyrights. No titles for the unnamed ones. I'd very much suspect they're originals with lots of borrowed graphics. I'll post pics as soon as I can but it could be a while before I can get around to it.

FamicomFreak

Wow that is an interesting cart.... neat!
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

jbholio

So JC, did you find anything interesting about the game?  I found it interesting they used hard to find unlicensed titles to put in the cart. Plus, I'm not sure who's behind Harry's Legend and Earthworm Jim 3 since they don't have copyrights.