Links to Updates?

Started by madman, December 01, 2006, 09:15:48 am

Previous topic - Next topic

madman

The last two updates with the reviews, I think it'd be more convenient if the reviews were actually linked from there rather than having to click through to find it.

JC

Thanks for the suggestion. You're right that it would be more convenient. I've considered linking them, but I also see a benefit in making people explore the site by not linking to the whatever has been updated. But perhaps you're right, for the convenience of those who are already familiar with the site.

We'll see what others think.

Jedi Master Baiter

Even for those who aren't familiar with the site, links would be better.  If people were interested in the things in the updates, they'd rather go straight to the page rather than having to navigate, and more than likely, they would not have the patience or enough interest to look for it.

Even though some reviews had been up for a long time, it took me a while to go look at them because of this.  Had there been links, I would have looked at them the day they were posted (or the next day I visited the front page, which isn't that often :P).

JC

Ok. :) I'll put links from now on. And I went back and put links into the last few updates.

Doc

Hmm...I see JC's point, though. And yay on 5,000+ hits! :)

Jedi Master Baiter

The FDS Loading sound doesn't seem to play on Firefox.  Can you look into this?

JC

I fucking hate Firefox.   Yeah I'll look.

Jedi Master Baiter

Now I hate IE7 because I updated to that, & now my bookmarks are all gone & the interface is all completely different.

What I don't like is when people say Firefox is built with better security than IE; because it isn't.  The only reason why it's safer to use is because less people use it. ;D

Doc

Plus it has a pop-up blocker.