Undecided, should I sell my unboxed consoles?

Started by FamicomRetroGamer, April 10, 2010, 05:48:42 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

FamicomRetroGamer

Hi, I've been thinking of clearing up and also selling my unboxed consoles to buy boxed consoles.

The condition of all is actually very good/excellent because I take really good care of them, clean them, wrap them and make sure that they don't get damage/marks. Unfortunately, people out there don't give 2 sh!ts how they treat their consoles.

Seems good to me, to sell and then re-buy boxed.

Btw, a nice example is a Dreamcast I got, it's all clean white with no marks in excellent condition and a GameGear in excellent condition, no scratched/marks at all.

I think it's better to buy boxed consoles than unboxed.

But what do you guys say?

Cam3ron@FW

do you plan on opening them?

I know dreamcasts that are boxed are only worth like 60 bucks at one shop near me.
Consoles I own (by Generation):

1st: N/A 2nd: Colecovision 3rd: Game Boy Pocket 4th: Game Boy Color, SNES 5th: N64, N64DD, PS1 Sega Saturn  6th: Xbox, 2 Gamecubes, Dreamcast, PSP, DS 7th: Wii, Xbox 360, Ps3

satoshi_matrix

Selling such gems will leave you missing them in the future. Don't do it.

manuel

Do it like I do. Keep any loose consoles and buy another one with box. You'll have 1 box and 2 consoles. Then keep the console that is in better condition and sell the other one.

I do that with games, too sometimes.  ;)

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: manuel on April 11, 2010, 01:27:09 am
Do it like I do. Keep any loose consoles and buy another one with box. You'll have 1 box and 2 consoles. Then keep the console that is in better condition and sell the other one.

I do that with games, too sometimes.  ;)

That's a great idea.

Seeing consoles in excellent condition isn't always possible, but boxed yeah.

nintendodork

Or just buy the box by itself.  I've seen lots of auctions on eBay that contain everything but the console.  Oh, and on the Dreamcast thing, Amazon and ThinkGeek are selling sealed ones for like $99.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat