NEW (not used) pirate carts?

Started by krs000a, April 14, 2010, 02:22:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

krs000a

Hi everyone,

Does anyone have any NEW (never used, not tested, not slightly played etc.) Famicom pirate carts to sell? Single or multi ones. If not, anyone know where I can get some? I have asked Chinese/Thai/etc. people where I know they can still be found but nobody is willing to help out. They must be new, I don't buy used ones.
If you know someone who might be willing to sell let me know. Thanks in advance.

Jedi Master Baiter

Technically the ones that Trenton has are new (as new as new Chinese originals can get).

Bramsworth

Besides pirates from Waixing and Nanjing, you're not going to find many pirates new. If you're talking about stuff like Somari and the like, not gonna happen ever. Everything out there is going to be used, that stuff is too old to even find besides cart only.

MS-DOS4

I got a few pirates that were wrapped up and new, but they were ultra cheap. Plastic was thin as paper and broke apart when I tried to put it in my machine. I really don't suggest trying to get new pirates.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

Bramsworth

Ah, I forgot, it is possible to get new pirates from China, where a lot of them are still produced. All those multi carts that say YH on them I see so commonly as new. For someone like me that's only after original first runs of anything though, multis, let alone recently produced ones from China, are out of the question :)

I don't see why anyone would care about them being new. No pirates were shrinkwrapped when they first ever came out I think. In such an obscure area like pirates, you take what you can get. Buying only new will leave you with like zero pirates  :D

Marlon

can i buy any pirates from you? If you are can you give me a list of the ones your selling from 0.01- $20.00
Visit My Youtube Channel www.youtube.com/marlondudeful

Bramsworth

Sorry, you're on my "don't sell to, would waste time and has proven to be a moron" list  ;)

I'm not kidding btw.

MS-DOS4

Ouch...

Anyway, yeah I do have those YH carts you talked about. I forewarn all, they are absolute trash and not worth it. One of my carts actually was new and DOA.

Also, check out how they put on the labels...

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6540/dsc00942a.jpg

Bramsworth

I gotta learn to control my temper, just let Marlon lead me into sidetracking the topic with him :x

Anyway, sucks about the carts. I recently saw a pic somewhere of a shop in China where a guy found a box full of tons of those labels. Apparently as people request the games they assemble the cartridge for you in shop. I seriously don't see these things getting any sales at all, makes you wonder how so many of them still are produced by the butt load.

Interestingly I think I remember the labels being that exact same cart with Sonic that you got. Wish I could track the link again.

MS-DOS4

I highly doubt this is the link your talking about, but perhaps...

http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/pirates.php

Marlon

Quote from: MS-DOS4 on April 14, 2010, 09:00:59 pm
Ouch...

Anyway, yeah I do have those YH carts you talked about. I forewarn all, they are absolute trash and not worth it. One of my carts actually was new and DOA.

Also, check out how they put on the labels...

http://img26.imageshack.us/img26/6540/dsc00942a.jpg

:O!!! THE GUY ON THE LINK HAS A GREY AND WHITE FAMICOM!!! even though its a pirate i want it.
Visit My Youtube Channel www.youtube.com/marlondudeful

MS-DOS4

???

The microgenius? The dendy? There are a lot of gray famiclones on that russian site.

Bramsworth

Quote from: MS-DOS4 on April 14, 2010, 09:33:20 pm
I highly doubt this is the link your talking about, but perhaps...

http://cah4e3.shedevr.org.ru/pirates.php

Nah, wasn't CaH4e3's site. I'll post it if I come across it again though.

FamicomFreak

The only pirate new carts would be the chinese carts nowadays. Other than that, you will find used carts on ebay and such places.
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

krs000a

April 15, 2010, 01:16:39 am #14 Last Edit: April 15, 2010, 01:26:59 am by krs000a
Thanks for all your replies!
I'm not talking about anything specific or neccessarily old/rare, I'm talking new carts in general. Chinese ones are fine. Any of you live where they can still be purchased and is willing to help me out? I realize they are ultra-cheap (so hopefully the price is decent too, lol).

Post Merge: April 15, 2010, 01:26:59 am

By the way, where can I find Trenton's thread?