WTB: NES To Famicom Converter

Started by GlenSColen, April 22, 2010, 07:10:45 am

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenSColen

Does anyone have a NES to Famicom converter available?
"I'll never be happy.  I believe I'll die alone. I would want it that way. I've been a loner all my life with my secrets and my pain. I'm really lost, but I'm trying to find myself.  I'm really a sad, pathetic case. My whole life has been a waste -- I've been a failure. I just want to escape."

Lee Yo

April 22, 2010, 02:19:32 pm #1 Last Edit: April 22, 2010, 09:34:33 pm by Lee Yo

Jedi Master Baiter

I can sell mine for $5. ;D

But it doesn't have a casing like that one does. :(

b1aCkDeA7h

Apparently, reliability isn't the greatest on that one from stoneagegamer. Mine hasn't died yet, but it's not my main converter.

GlenSColen

For $10 I guess I'll take my chances.  Was thinking about selling my NES toploader and buying an AV Famicom...
"I'll never be happy.  I believe I'll die alone. I would want it that way. I've been a loner all my life with my secrets and my pain. I'm really lost, but I'm trying to find myself.  I'm really a sad, pathetic case. My whole life has been a waste -- I've been a failure. I just want to escape."

Jedi Master Baiter

Oh yeah, the converter I have doesn't work great with the AV FC.  I tried it, hard to get in, hard to get out - that's why I'm selling it.

Lee Yo

April 23, 2010, 03:04:07 pm #6 Last Edit: April 23, 2010, 03:10:03 pm by Lee Yo
I'll take it Jedi.

I'm looking for something cheap I can use on my Penguin Clone. It's easy to pop stuff that small in and out of the Penguin..

Only question is will it work on my Clone? ???

The StoneAgeGamer converter didn't work. However, I may have got a defective unit.

FamicomRetroGamer

nintendodork

Probably doesn't help that the connector is on it's side like that.  Try flipping it so the connector is on top.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

Lee Yo

Quote from: FamicomRetroGamer on April 23, 2010, 03:14:24 pm
Ugh, that looks so retarded. :-\

:D I know, once connected the dam thing is so heavy it was making my clone lean upwards.

Quote from: nintendodork on April 23, 2010, 03:23:50 pm
Probably doesn't help that the connector is on it's side like that.  Try flipping it so the connector is on top.

I tried every way you can imagine. Up, Down, sides etc.. it just didn't work no matter how I positioned or wiggeled it.