Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
November 16, 2019, 12:11:46 AM
Home Famicom World Search Calendar Login Register

+  Famicom World
|-+  Family Computer
| |-+  Famicom / Disk System (Moderators: manuel, L___E___T)
| | |-+  What got you into famicom?
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print
Author Topic: What got you into famicom?  (Read 177642 times)
R_Leo_1
Famiclone
United States United States

Howdy!

« Reply #180 on: March 19, 2019, 12:12:32 AM »

My memories of it are fuzzy, but I got into the Famicom through a YouTube series called Famicom Dojo. (https://www.youtube.com/user/FamicomDojo)

Same here! I'm still watching that show to this day! It's cheesy but I like it  Smiley
cyrix
Famiclone
Japan Japan

« Reply #181 on: May 08, 2019, 12:12:06 PM »

My wife had a famicom and really fond memories of it from the 80's, we got one last year with AV modification and have been collecting fun games ever since, also got a disk system and some games for that(what a wonderful little device, so tactile and mechanical, love it!), I grew up with Atari and ZX spectrum later Amiga in the UK in the 80's so this was a whole new world for me and a whole lot of fun Smiley
pxlbluejay
Famicom
Korea, Republic of Korea, Republic of

« Reply #182 on: July 25, 2019, 01:59:40 AM »

I had always thought that the Super Famicom looked much, much better than the Super Nintendo. But then, I decided that putting an NES next to a Super Famicom wouldn't be exactly right, even though personally I thought the NES looked better. One day, I stumbled over a Youtube video about how Famicom games had better BGMs than NES games(Castlevania III), and then I started to get interested in Famicoms. I began to find out that it actually had different accessories that make a Famicom an actual "Family Computer". With the NES being simply a "video game console", I began to realize how "technologically advanced" the Famicom was compared to the NES, even though they were basically the same thing in the inside. Then, I started to think that the Famicom actually looked better than the NES!  While the NES is just a big gray box, the Famicom was a colorful little toy(in a good way). Also, NES cartridges are unnecessarily enormous, making it harder to collect it in large quantities. Famicom carts are acceptable in size and most importantly, they come in a variety of colors, making it more, you know, nice. A few days ago, I was browsing through a flea market, when I found a Famicom and a Gamecube sitting next to each other. Ignoring the Gamecube, I handed the guy 15 bucks for the Famicom and walked home. Well, I still don't know whether it works, thanks to a 100V adapter and a topless RF Switchbox, but still, it was a nice old piece of electronics, and I think it will great next to my Super Famicom(My Super Famicom is in the US and I currently am in Korea)!  Well, thanks to Nintendo for not making a Disk System for the NES, I now am in love with the Famicom!

Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.
P
FamicomBox
Sweden Sweden

« Reply #183 on: July 25, 2019, 08:15:01 AM »

I had always thought that the Super Famicom looked much, much better than the Super Nintendo. But then, I decided that putting an NES next to a Super Famicom wouldn't be exactly right,
I don't know what you are talking about, SFC and SNES looks identical to me besides the logo. Wink
I always used to have my SNES next to my NES.

Spoiler  :

pxlbluejay
Famicom
Korea, Republic of Korea, Republic of

« Reply #184 on: July 27, 2019, 06:26:39 AM »

I had always thought that the Super Famicom looked much, much better than the Super Nintendo. But then, I decided that putting an NES next to a Super Famicom wouldn't be exactly right,
I don't know what you are talking about, SFC and SNES looks identical to me besides the logo. Wink
I always used to have my SNES next to my NES.

Spoiler  :

The american version of the snes looks very different from the pal snes and the sfc. It's the purple one: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Nintendo_Entertainment_System

Super Mario Bros., The Legend of Zelda. The NES and the Famicom themselves. These are well known after more than 30 years after their releases. I highly doubt that Fortnite, PUBG, or any other modern-day game will be as well known in 2050.
(^.^)
Famiclone
Iceland Iceland

« Reply #185 on: October 31, 2019, 12:06:49 PM »

I don't remember exactly when I first heard about the Famicom, but I guess it either have had to been from Nintendo Power magazines (the Scandinavian one we had here) or maybe when they released the NES / Famicom GBA SP models. Because I remember wanting the famicom edition so badly, but realized it was impossible hence it never got released in Europe  Huh
After that I probably learned a lot because I emulated MOTHER (earthbound zero) and some other games that weren't available here.  Embarrassed

And now - 16 or 17 years later - I FINALLY got my own real Famicom!  Cheesy

Thank you. You are great! Winners don't use drugs.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] Print 
« previous next »
Jump to: