Game Identification

Started by Doc, July 30, 2006, 12:16:18 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Epic_Lotus

Hacker item by The Famicom Guy, on Flickr

Does anyone know what this is?  It's the only pic I have of it.

famiac

Disk hacker, it's a copy tool for fds

L___E___T

Quote from: UglyJoe on October 03, 2012, 06:13:25 am
Quote from: Butcherdeliz on October 02, 2012, 11:15:03 pm
Anyways, does anyone know more precisely what this cart is?

It's TMNT 3: The Manhattan Project.  The first TMNT game for the NES was never released in Japan, so their numbering scheme is one behind the US numbering scheme.

Are you sure the title screen doesn't look like this, instead:

The first TMNT game wasn't released in Japan?   Isn't this it?

My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

lobdale

Quote from: Epic_Lotus on October 09, 2012, 10:42:31 am

Hacker item by The Famicom Guy, on Flickr

Does anyone know what this is?  It's the only pic I have of it.

It actually has the kanji for "fresh" (nama, 生) on it, and the text says "Disk System sized fresh disk" so it may very well just be a "HACKER" brand blank disk for the FDS.

UglyJoe

Quote from: L___E___T on October 09, 2012, 03:27:47 pm
The first TMNT game wasn't released in Japan?   Isn't this it?

Ah, got my facts wrong.  It was released, but it was titled Gekikame Ninja Den.  TMNT2 was released as TMNT and TMNT3 was released as TMNT2.  So their numbering is behind, but it's because they titled the first game differently and not because it was unreleased.

Also, lol at the Palcom "Hero" turtles.  Nope, no ninjas in Europe!

Netsky

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help finding a game I played a long time ago. I've no idea about the name and never had the cartridge either.

It was a sidescrolling fighter game, you playing as one of 4 elemental ninjas : fire, wind, water and earth. I might be bit off in terms of describing each, since I last played it... 15 years ago.

All could call in screenwide strikes of their respective element. Fire could throw stars and call upon a wave of flame hounds. Water... not sure what weapon the water ninja had, nor do I remember too well what specials it used. Wind used a chained sickle, can't remember specials. And finally earth used something like a golf club and if I remember well, it could open up a (purely damaging, no further special effects on me or my enemies) hole in the ground aaaaaaaaaand perhaps also jagged rocks as artillery. Any ideas? I really miss it, thanks in advance.

Tetouani85

October 18, 2012, 04:20:43 pm #1266 Last Edit: October 18, 2012, 04:26:32 pm by player2010
Quote from: Kiddo on September 21, 2012, 07:50:23 pm
Can anyone tell me what game this piratecart contains?

this game is "Wai Wai World 2".

Post Merge: October 18, 2012, 04:26:30 pm

Quote from: Butcherdeliz on October 02, 2012, 11:15:03 pm
I dont have pictures but I recently got my hands on a cart with TMNT 2 sticker on it. However it was different from what I remember..

-it had the same title screen as this
http://goo.gl/0E2p7

-stage 1 was set on the beach (instead of a burning building)
-stage 1 boss is still bebop
-stage 2 is set on the ocean
-stage 2 boss is also rocksteady (i think) the design seems different from the original.

Anyways, does anyone know more precisely what this cart is?

This cart is "Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - The Manhattan Project".

8-bitman

I was wondering if any one knows what chinese company made this cart. I can't find any info on it.

I also wander what the chinese on it says.
"Say, fuzzy pickles." (Earthbound)

VinylDracula

This is a long shot, but Im trying to recall a FDS game that is horror themed and similar to Castlevania, but not as fun....I remember theres a lot of brick breaking and the main character sprite is wearing a black shirt.....anyone know what Im talking about?

MWK

8 Eyes? Dr Chaos? Wardner no Mori? ???

VinylDracula

Nope, none of those 3 unfortunately......It is very similar to Castlevania like taking place in a castle owned by some ghoul....I remember theres a LOT of blocks to break in which to get points and find items, also the character sprite is tall like Simon Belmont, not squatty and cartoonish like say the main character in Wardner no mori...

Cheetahmen

Life is too short to be little.
Twitter | DeviantArt | Youtube | Twitch

BonBon

November 30, 2012, 10:40:32 pm #1272 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:49:42 am by Jay-ray
whatever this game is I want to play it

VinylDracula

December 01, 2012, 11:10:21 am #1273 Last Edit: December 01, 2012, 11:20:07 am by VinylDracula
Quote from: Cheetahmen on November 30, 2012, 03:31:48 am
Holy Diver? ???

Nope its exclusive to Disk System

EDIT:

I FIND THE GAME!!!! It is Matou No Houkai: Hero of Babel

Start video at 31:40
http://youtu.be/EPnX3-JQzfE

demonolith

Quote from: VinylDracula on December 01, 2012, 11:10:21 am
Quote from: Cheetahmen on November 30, 2012, 03:31:48 am
Holy Diver? ???

Nope its exclusive to Disk System

EDIT:

I FIND THE GAME!!!! It is Matou No Houkai: Hero of Babel

Start video at 31:40
http://youtu.be/EPnX3-JQzfE

Seems like a fun game. I'll have to remember to pick one up after I pick up a FDS