Flash cart development

Started by arfink, August 10, 2010, 01:39:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

arfink

Yes indeed, the project has been going slow. I just haven't had a ton of time to work on it. Hopefully that will change this week. Stay tuned.

NintendoKing

I have been dying for a Munchausen for so many months, it feels like almost a year. :(

tonev

I am back everyone :)

UglyJoe

Don't go declaring projects that aren't yours dead.  It's been a year without news, but hobby projects tend to have long, announced lapses in development.

L___E___T

I subscribed to the topic and was hoping for some real news - instead there is just hurt :(
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

petik1

Quote from: UglyJoe on February 08, 2012, 04:29:34 pm
Don't go declaring projects that aren't yours dead.  It's been a year without news, but hobby projects tend to have long, announced lapses in development.

He was just asking.

UglyJoe

I don't think it's a scam.  Sounds like arfink has some "real life" issues.  It also seems that blargg (the coder) has disappeared from the Internet, which I'm sure is a huge problem for the project.

petik1

On a similar note, has anyone been keeping up with the Atari 7800XM? It missed it's released date by over a year, and still isn't ready.

tonev

here is more info on this
Spoiler
To the people of chipmusic.org, 8bc, and everyone else,

I am writing to you in regards to the Munchausen project, which I am afraid has become somewhat of a debacle by now. Because of circumstances outside of my control I do not believe I will be able to continue the project from this point in any kind of meaningful way. I am not much of a programmer, and much of Blargg's work is completely inscrutable to me, and since I lost contact with him I have been unable to really continue the project.

Besides that, some of the information and documentation I had been compiling was lost with a hard drive head crash around a month ago. I still have the working Linux driver software in both source code and compiled form and the working prototypes, but the original hex files for the AT Flash chip are lost. I would just need to read out the data from the chips in the working prototypes to recover that. The wiring diagrams would need to be reconstructed from the prototypes as well.

Unfortunately I really do not feel I have the time or the comptence to achieve this on any kind of timetable. I sincerely apologize for my lack of communication in this matter, and I intend to issue full refunds to everyone who so generously contributed to the project. I cannot in good conscience continue to think that I will be able to complete this project. Nick Meynard has already received his refund as of this writing. I have noted that some of the original contributers have changed their paypal info, so I would ask that people seeking refunds please contact me at my new email address, arfink (at) sdf.org

If there is anyone in the community who feels that they would like to adopt this project and do it proper justice, I will send you not only all the relevant data I have, but the actual prototypes and components themselves. I have learned I simply cannot promise anything in regards to this project due to my present circumstances, and I know how much all of you were looking forward to seeing this completed. A thousand apologies.

Finally, I wish to once again thank everyone who was involved with this project. Despite this unhappy outcome, I am thankful for the lessons I have learned and for the friendship and encouragement I received from all of you. I only wish I had an adequate way of repaying it.

Sincerely,

Anthony Fink (arfink)
[close]

Maybe some people here at FW can contact him ?

tonev

Well he does have the linux version compiled and the source code so there is no problem at all. It depends on the language that is written in but it can be ported to windows and probably mac

YoshiFan501

famifan

Besides that, some of the information and documentation I had been compiling was lost with a hard drive head crash around a month ago. I still have the working Linux driver software in both source code and compiled form and the working prototypes, but the original hex files for the AT Flash chip are lost. I would just need to read out the data from the chips in the working prototypes to recover that. The wiring diagrams would need to be reconstructed from the prototypes as well.

anyone awake and show him bitbucket/github/another code storage.

YoshiFan501

oh i would love to have one

L___E___T

Seconded, I just wish there was a Powerpak shaped like a famicom cart to be honest.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。