Previous topic - Next topic

YoshiFan501

Famicom ROM system
Famicom Flash System
FamiSD (if SD cards)
ComFlash

are my ideas

NintendoKing

The third posting link looks like it may fit, .89 each if you buy 10+.
I am now quite jazzed up on this again, I hope these carts get developed as they would be the best!

How hard would it be to use a SD card?

YoshiFan501

YoshiFan501

ok. sd out re programmable chip in.

NintendoKing

True, we should keep it priced for basically anyone's budget. Brilliant on the possibility of MMC3/NROM, that would be killer also.

Yes, SD card definitely out.

NintendoKing

http://callanbrown.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=69:nes-custom-multicart-super-mario-all-stars&catid=36:home-console-projects&Itemid=61
This is an exceptional project design. Also if you make the carts NROM/MMC3 they could have SMB2J installed and that would be fantastic!

NintendoKing

This project is mega awesome, but what I was saying is a pirate of smb2j is like $40 so this cart would be a big money saver and absolutely fantastic.

NintendoKing

People would need the cable otherwise they are stuck with the same games forever. But I was thinking we jump the price to $65 to insure that all the treatments are given to the carts. People could print off the labels themselves and attach them.

YoshiFan501

we going serial or usb for cable

NintendoKing

Could we wire up a usb transfer cord directly to the cartridge itself with one of those adapters that has a tether that is windable.
Is this a possibility?

NintendoKing

Good as I find that this would be less costly then buying the expansion port adapters, I like the idea of cheapening the costs of the FamiFlash.

Actually, we should install a usb port on the cart itself where you can plug a cord into it yourself thus lowering the price even more.

NintendoKing

Quote from: 80sFREAK on July 01, 2012, 07:49:14 am
hold on. more modifications - higher price. you probably not common with hardware and how it working

Famicom expansion cords cost $20, there is no way its more expensive to add a port mod.

NintendoKing

See with a NES the controller ports can be $2 (as there are super cheap clone controllers for harvesting) while the Famicom expansion port plug can be $20+ each that's what I am trying to tell you. This project needs are cheaper method or it may become dead in the water.

NintendoKing

July 01, 2012, 08:47:17 am #89 Last Edit: July 01, 2012, 08:53:32 am by The Uninvited Gremlin
There is a possible cheaper method, just removing the metal covers and sanding down the back piece on a computers 15pin female plug; I found this method on some forum once.

We might be able to do this??

http://www.ebay.com/itm/5-Pcs-PC-Mount-Plug-DB-15-Pin-Male-to-Female-Socket-/140780910964?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item20c7323974
5 of them for $4.50