March 29, 2024, 12:07:07 am

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

PatMan33

Love the Rockman collection... but I hate most of the games! D'oh! :-[

I can't help but think I posted my collection here before but I can't find it. Guess I'll post it again some time this weekend.

satoshi_matrix

JC - I'm not into pirates. To me, pirates are cheap imitation games that carry no quality and exist purely for novelty factor. some ROM hacks are very very good though, so I'm not totally opposed to the idea.

manuel - Because of the extreme cost of the boxes and manuels, I settled on just the carts for the NES and Famicom games. I do have the boxes for every other game though, except for Megaman's Soccer, but then again thats a fairly crappy game so no big loss there. The boxes would have taken up way too much space, so I removed the carts and left only the cases for the disc-based games as I didn't want to lay out the discs in fear of scratching them.

Medisinyl - There are only a handful of Rockman games I don't own that I would care to in the future - Megaman 7 SNES, Megaman X6 PS1, Megaman V GB (I have Rockman World 5, the japanese version) and Rockboard. Other than that, I'm fairly happy about my collection and have most of the good games anyway.

DDCecil

Here's my little Fami collection, updated 5/8/09:

senseiman

My Famicom collection, 135 different carts with today's purchases added:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/17691800@N04/3524655651/

FamicomFreak

Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

manuel

Nice stuff, senseiman.

Is that your wife/gf in the other flickr pics?

senseiman

Thanks!  Yup, thats my wife and me in most of the pics!

The one thing I like about the Famicom games above those of most others is that they are so photogenic.  Put a bunch of NES games together and they are just a boring grey mass.  But the multi-colored famicom carts with their cool covers....its like they are a form of art!

namakubi

May 17, 2009, 09:31:51 pm #172 Last Edit: May 18, 2009, 01:29:08 am by namakubi
Alright, time to show off my modest collection of Famicom games (these were all taken with my DSi camera, so sorry about the quality  ;) ):

I try to limit my collection to either:

A) Games that weren't released in the U.S.

B) Games that were released in the U.S. but are extremely expensive in NES form (Hence why Lickle / Little Samson is in my collection)

C) My top favorite NES games, which are SMB 1 and 3, Castlevania 3, Metal Storm, and Megaman 2 / Rockman 2 (I'm still trying to find a decently priced copy of that one.)

Basically, quality over quantity is the name of the game for me.

FamicomFreak

Kewl collection I'm still trying to find me a Kid Dracula copy real or bootleg doesn't matter.

Rob64

The quality from the DSi camera is actually not that bad... I might just trade in my ds for a dsi, I don't use it for the gba games so it makes sense.
Now you're playing with Power

nintendodork

I see some fun games in there!  Good collection.  Keep it up!
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

PatMan33

Finally got some free time, here's a detailed look at my Famicom stuff and a brief glimpse at most of the other junk I have laying around. I think I may have posted this before but... eh, whatever! There's some new trinkets in there.

Yeah, I'm a bit of a neat freak... everything has to be just so after I finish playing. On the flip side, at least my stuff will always work! I do need to dust though! Got the Power Glove signed at the Too Many Games show a couple weeks ago. Pretty happy with that one. :)

nintendodork

Wow..I wish I was as tidy as you..and had all that cool stuff!  I'm having a hard enough time finding a regular Punch-Out :P  That little Disk Writer thing is pretty cool, too.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

FamicomFreak

I love how the drawers look! Great collection!

nintendodork

May 21, 2009, 06:05:02 pm #179 Last Edit: May 21, 2009, 06:25:55 pm by nintendodork
I'll edit this post next week, as I'm expecting carts from JC and 16bit, but for now....

Games that are CIB:
Joy Mech Fight
SMB2j/Volleyball