March 28, 2024, 03:09:12 pm

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

nerdynebraskan

Yeah, it's kind of important to do your homework before buying imports. I've got a few other PAL carts that aren't officially in the collection because I can't actually play them. Aladdin, Asterix, Beauty and the Beast, and Elite are all hopelessly glitchy in one way or another on NTSC consoles. Unfortunately, there aren't Famicom versions of them. I'm trying to decide whether I want to try for a PAL console, or whether I should get US repros for these (as I think they all reached prototype stage and have been dumped).

I don't actually have any of those "Asian Version" NES carts, and I don't really know that much about them. I'm not aware of there being any unique games (or even significant gameplay variations) in that regional variant, so I've never dug too deeply into it.

My last contribution of the night will be my Game Boy collection:

Bart Simpson's Escape From Camp Deadly
Batman: The Video Game
Batman: The Animated Series
Battletoads
Bomberman GB
Donkey Kong
Donkey Kong Land III
Kid Icarus: Of Myths and Monsters
Kirby's Dream Land
Kirby's Dream Land 2
The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening
Mega Man: Dr. Wily's Revenge
Mega Man II
Mega Man III
Mega Man IV
Mega Man V
Metroid II: Return of Samus
Nekketsu Kouha Kunio-Kun: Bangai Rantouhen (Japanese import)
Nemesis
Operation C
Pokemon Blue
Pokemon Red
Pokemon Silver
Solomon's Club
Star Trek: 25th Anniversary
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Super Mario Land
Super Mario Land 2: 6 Golden Coins
Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3
Tiny Toon Adventures: Babs' Big Break
Tiny Toon Adventures 2: Montana's Movie Madness

All 31 are cart-only.

I also have about 60-some Genesis games (80% are boxed or CIB) and 10 Master System games (all boxed or CIB).
Can Nintendo Age Beat Every NES Game in 2015?

http://nintendoage.com/forum/messageview.cfm?catid=31&threadid=140551

nusilver

I wanted to show my entire game stash, but most of it is packed because of our upcoming move. I did, however, bust out all my Famicom stuff to show you guys. :)

The blue cart at the top is a 4-in-1 that I put in a Baseball cart; the light blue/grey Excitebike is that color because I used its shell for my Everdrive. Oh, and the purple cart is a Super 64 in 1 that I put in a Tennis cart.

manuel

That's a neat collection.  ;D

Nightstar699

Yeah, great collection. Especially that copy of Pizza Pop, it's a thing of beauty! Many great games, there.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

nusilver

May 21, 2013, 12:11:41 am #439 Last Edit: May 21, 2013, 12:16:59 am by nusilver
Quote from: manuel on May 20, 2013, 11:10:15 pm

Indeed, and I got a lot of it from you. Thank you! :)

Post Merge: May 21, 2013, 12:16:59 am

Quote from: manuel on May 20, 2013, 11:10:15 pm

I like yours too. We have quite a few of the same games! Wish I hadn't been camping when a Yahoo auction for Chip and Dale 2 was ending, otherwise that'd be in my collection as well! Oh, well. Maybe after we're settled in NYC. :)

Nightstar699

Ah, yeah that game took me a while to find. Very happy I have it, though, it's my favorite Capcom Disney game which was released on Famicom... if only Darkwing Duck was released in Japan, too.
So ends another chapter in the glorious legend of the Ninja... Until next time...

Ghegs

Quote from: Nightstar699 on May 21, 2013, 08:17:47 amif only Darkwing Duck was released in Japan, too.

That and Prince of Persia...not a Disney game, but still. I understand the original game was quite popular in Japan, wonder why the FC version never happened.

I should take a picture of my FC games, got about 70-80 of them. All CIB. Maybe I'll try setting them up nicely on a table this weekend.

Nightstar699

It is rather odd that so many great games were left as NES-exclusives, even if they were made by Japanese companies. I'd guess the original Darkwing Duck cartoon wasn't very well known in Japan. I'd say the only NES-exclusive I like more than Darkwing Duck is Felix the Cat. I look forward to seeing your collection pictures, I don't have many CIB Famicom games but I'm starting to focus on them from now on.

Pikkon

Nightstar699

Nice collection, Pikkon. Mitsume Ga Tooru is a great game. That small multicart below the original Famicom looks pretty interesting, anything good on it?

Toneman

Instagram: Kokujin804

Nightstar699

Good stuff, Toneman. Does that NES converter work in your A/V Famicom? I have one which looks identical and it doesn't work whatsoever in mine.

Pikkon

May 22, 2013, 06:23:33 pm #447 Last Edit: May 23, 2013, 05:16:50 am by Pikkon
I did a easy mod to my cheapo converter,I'll post a pic in a bit on how I did it.

edit

Here is my pic,click on it.

I saw this on another site and can't remember where but this is a awesome idea and take no credit for it.
As you know this converter has short pins so lets fix that.

What this does is allow you to plug this cheap converter all the way into your famicom/av famicom,works every time.

I got a random dvd case,cut 4 small pieces,just look at my pic to see how big you should cut,after that glue 2 sides together,one for each then glue that sucker down to the case.

Super easy mod to do.

Nightstar699

Very cool, I'll try doing the same to mine some time. Wouldn't mind getting it working, that'd save a lot of space.

L___E___T

I don't mean to sound foolish, but I don't understand the picture.  What is it illustrating?  My converters work fine on my AV Fami, so I can't relate to what the issue is that it might be fixing.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。