March 28, 2024, 09:54:18 pm

Show Your Stash!

Started by vealchop, November 18, 2006, 08:10:40 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Great Hierophant

Jaleco had the right to make its own Famicom cartridges, so it is conceivable that they could have gotten a good deal on the NEC chips that would have made it cheaper than buying larger mask ROM chips. 

Unfortunately, given how extremely difficult it is to apply translation patches for Namco's games, no Erika for me :(
Check out my retro gaming and computing blog : http://nerdlypleasures.blogspot.com/

L___E___T

Is Aerobics studio rare?  I have one but I butchered it to make a giant Everdrive shell.  I just had it lying around.  I wouldn't have done that if I knew someone wanted it specifically.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

I don't think it's rare, but it went for higher than I expected when I bid on it. I'll get a CIB copy someday.

Quote from: Great Hierophant on August 25, 2017, 04:54:39 pm
Jaleco had the right to make its own Famicom cartridges, so it is conceivable that they could have gotten a good deal on the NEC chips that would have made it cheaper than buying larger mask ROM chips.
Ah makes sense. So by using these audio chips, they could have both better quality samples and smaller samples, saving money on mask ROM.

I guess a problem with the DPCM channel is that samples must be within $C000~$FFFF, which is ROM area on all mappers except FDS. So there's no way to compress them, only bank switch them.

Unfortunately, given how extremely difficult it is to apply translation patches for Namco's games, no Erika for me :(
It's too bad they used globtops. I wish someone made an accurate FPGA solution for Namco163.

Bert

Sure why not?

My Fami and Super Fami Collections are quite meager, seeing as I just started collecting those. But I've got lots of other stuff  :D

Yelir

Quote from: Bert on August 26, 2017, 01:30:52 pm
Sure why not?

My Fami and Super Fami Collections are quite meager, seeing as I just started collecting those. But I've got lots of other stuff  :D

Nice shelf of goodies! Do you use adapters for now with your US systems? I would enjoy seeing how you access your consoles or have them laid out!  :bub:

Bert

Quote from: Yelir on August 26, 2017, 08:27:25 pm
Quote from: Bert on August 26, 2017, 01:30:52 pm
Sure why not?

Nice shelf of goodies! Do you use adapters for now with your US systems? I would enjoy seeing how you access your consoles or have them laid out!  :bub:
right now yes I just use my North American systems. Everything is in the basement so I don't have an ideal setup, just swapping out consoles when I want to use them. I'll post a pic when I get a chance :) thanks for the kind words!

FamicomFreak

Love it! What's that Super Famicom game with the girl on it? I'm curious! is it a puzzle game?
Retro Gaming Life  www.retrogaminglife.com

Lupin the Third

Bert

Quote from: FamicomFreak on September 22, 2017, 09:37:02 am
Love it! What's that Super Famicom game with the girl on it? I'm curious! is it a puzzle game?
Yeah it's a puzzle game. Kinda like Tetris meets Lemmings? You have a character that roams around on his own and you need to build a path to the exit using blocks. Really fun game actually. Already answered but the title is Super Gussun Oyoyo 2

Protoman

Not the whole stash of course but these are the Super Famicom games I've bought since I got to Japan

L___E___T

Nice to see Panel De Pon there!! :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

Protoman

Quote from: L___E___T on November 09, 2017, 02:58:28 am

Nice to see Panel De Pon there!! :)

I've heard good things about it and after trying it, yes it was one of those puzzle games that are hard to put down!
And personally I prefer the cute pixies over Yoshi in this case too

L___E___T

I think I prefer the JP version overall - it has better music and some other nice touches like a playable dragon... but I also like that NOA decided to make an official Nintendo-verse version with Yoshi.  

Some of the characters in Tetris Attack have really nice animations and 'voices' that we really like, and as such that's the version we tend to play at home by default.  

Plus it's all in English... 

8)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

P

Yeah although the Japanese version is best and Yoshi doesn't fit too well into the story (it's pretty clear that the game isn't designed with the Mario world in mind), I still think Tetris Attack is a pretty cool version of the game. Yoshi Island is another of my favourite games and I really appreciate the characters and music arrangement from it in Tetris Attack.

L___E___T

I agree!  While we're on the topic, it's all about 2-player mode, so please let me share a quick cheat ~

On the character select screen press L+R at the same time on both controllers.  Timing is exact.

It's easiest to perform if you hold both controllers together like one double stacked pad.

Get that dragon and phoenix to play with!
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。