HVC *GPM* (Oops)? What is the meaning? + FC CPU Board Revision Numbers

Started by Xious, September 27, 2010, 07:09:24 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Xious

I was asking for photos of the 1988 GPM-01 that 80sFREAK owns... It sounds like a halfway point from the Rev-7/8 and the GPM-02, and we could use the photos in any event for documentation, as well as the serial number on his unit.

Do you know the full mainboard revision for your HV model (and where to locate it)? There is a small number in the corner, lower-left if I remember rightly, such as 02C, 02A, 02G. This is the full revision number, and will be useful in placing the system in a timeline.

I know that when I discovered my HV unit, I had hopes of it being a -01 revision, but it also was not, so I can now compare two units. Unfortunately, this does not help with low/highserial placements, etc.. I'll need to compare it to other units again to see if it is a much later PCB.  :bomb:

fredJ

Selling  Japanese games in Sweden since 2011 (as "japanspel").
blog: http://japanspel.blogspot.com

fredJ

dreddnott

Taiwanese Famicom, HVC-001(TPE)
HT175911
Rough textured bottom, round buttons
Still has warranty sticker on screw hole, so board revision unknown (box has copyright of 1988)

zmaster18

I just got my square button Famicom and the board says 'Nintendo 1983 HVC-CPU' which is revision 1. It looks exactly like this picture here:

Also the rubber square buttons are still intact and not broken at all. The console is white and the smooth bottom barely has any scratches. The controller's gold plates do have some wear though.

P

"Nintendo 1983 HVC-CPU" doesn't say the revision number though. I think the revision number is in one corner of the other side of the board like here http://famicomblog.blogspot.se/2011/10/in-search-of-square-button-famicom.html.

But if it looks like the one in the picture I guess chances are that it is indeed a 01.

Also does it work?

zmaster18

I couldn't test it with RF, but maybe I could jump some wires to an AV mod board to temporarily test it. Would anyone here be interested in this console? It includes the box, manual, RF unit, and AC adapter.

P

zmaster18

Quote from: P on June 27, 2015, 11:31:56 am
What does the revision number say?

I just opened the Famicom and looked at the corner where the revision number is supposed to be. There is no printed number at all! What does that mean? And like the picture above, the PPU has that grey rubbery part around the chip. So this must be revision 1 right?

See how this picture has '01' in the bottom right corner of the board? Mine doesn't.

Mine also has a resistor in black heat-shrink tubing connected between 2 points on the underside.

jpx72

And on the other side near the controller connector?
Anyway I am always interested in such old revisions, although I doubt that you will sell it cheaply...

zmaster18

Quote from: jpx72 on June 27, 2015, 01:49:39 pm
And on the other side near the controller connector?
Anyway I am always interested in such old revisions, although I doubt that you will sell it cheaply...

The item will be listed today on ebay and I'm looking to get at least US$150 for it.

P

Quote from: zmaster18 on June 27, 2015, 01:10:23 pm
Quote from: P on June 27, 2015, 11:31:56 am
What does the revision number say?

I just opened the Famicom and looked at the corner where the revision number is supposed to be. There is no printed number at all! What does that mean? And like the picture above, the PPU has that grey rubbery part around the chip. So this must be revision 1 right?

See how this picture has '01' in the bottom right corner of the board? Mine doesn't.

Mine also has a resistor in black heat-shrink tubing connected between 2 points on the underside.

No revision number?
You can check the CPU (RP2A03) and PPU (RP2C02) revision letters. The 01 from that Japanese blog had an original unrevised CPU and PPU revision A.

It sounds like your board has been modded/repaired. I wonder if it has the original RF-board or if it's one of those Makko boards (usually says Makko Toys on them).

jpx72

I can see the revision number on your board, it's either 02 or 03. From components side, near controller  I connector.

fredJ