April 29, 2024, 08:52:51 am

Nintendo 3DS

Started by manuel, September 28, 2010, 11:08:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

manuel

September 28, 2010, 11:08:02 pm Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 06:19:54 pm by manuel
The Nintendo 3DS will be released in Japan on Feb 26, 2011 for 25000 Yen.

Anybody planning to import?
I'll preorder mine as soon as preorders are up at Yamada Denki.

nintendodork

I was thinking about importing one, but I heard somewhere that they're going to have region-lockout.  If that's true, it's an incredibly stupid move by Nintendo, because there's absolutely no reason for it.  Need an example?  Every other portable Nintendo system. :P
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

manuel

I agree that it would suck big time if it was region locked.

UglyJoe

I'm not gonna import one, but I'll probably end up pre-ordering one from Amazon once they start taking US pre-orders.

Quote from: nintendodork on September 29, 2010, 04:59:30 am
I was thinking about importing one, but I heard somewhere that they're going to have region-lockout.

Are the carts region-locked, or is it just the DSiWare stuff like the DSi?

manuel

My guess is that only the downloads would be locked to one region.
It would be nice if you could have several accounts like the PSN, where I have a Japanese, a German and a USA account.

nintendodork

September 29, 2010, 03:17:02 pm #5 Last Edit: September 29, 2010, 04:22:56 pm by nintendodork
On top of what I said earlier, if the 3DS sells in North America for what it does in Japan, that's about $300.  That's $100 for every dimension!

Annnddd, it's more than the Wii was at launch. :( Don't think I'll be importing it, sadly.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

UglyJoe

They haven't listed a US price yet.

MS-DOS4

Released in 2001?

Anyway, I won't be importing, and I'll probably just wait until a friend has it so I can see if the gimmick is worth the price tag.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

nintendodork

Quote from: UglyJoe on September 29, 2010, 04:11:11 pm
They haven't listed a US price yet.
Oh, I suppose I should've worded my post better.  Fixed.  But if this follows the same price trends as the DSi, then I guess it'll still be around $250.  Which is still quite a lot.

rotomrocks12312

Quote from: MS-DOS4 on September 29, 2010, 04:12:57 pm
Released in 2001?

Anyway, I won't be importing, and I'll probably just wait until a friend has it so I can see if the gimmick is worth the price tag.

DAMN! I'm too slow...
N00bs: it's whats for dinner

manuel

2011! Damn typos...

I think there's no way it'll be more than 249$ in the US.

L___E___T

It's released for the same price as Wii, so will the games.  If you do a straight converion it ends up more dollars (but not £s) - but Nintendo have not announced their US or EU pricing yet.

I would strongly recommened AGAINST importing.  Wait the extra month and don't suffer from region lock-out of 3DS games, DSi (specific) games, DSi Ware, 3DS Ware and more.

Yes it is worth the price tag.  The connectivity will change the way you play games away from home.  I'll have one soon as well.
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

MS-DOS4

Incase some of you gentlemen missed this video:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=GRSdUvbLhSo

By the looks of it, you can now finally loose at Street Fighter without even having to play it, thus saving you tons of time. Also, I'll be looking forward to checking my stocks right before bedtime.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

petik1

Streetfighter characters stand on blue cakes and ram into each other... Without you even seeing! :D

nintendodork

What was the deal with that question block card at 1:53?  It looks pretty cool, but it doesn't seem to serve a purpose.