April 29, 2024, 01:03:38 am

Nintendo 3DS

Started by manuel, September 28, 2010, 11:08:02 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob64

Yeah, but they made it work in Super Paper Mario on Wii.

I think it can work because with respect to the paper Mario series, it's just a look of 2D in a 3D world.
Now you're playing with Power

MS-DOS4

Well, Super Paper Mario on the Wii had a 3d mode.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

famiac

Quote from: nintendodork on October 25, 2010, 08:15:03 pm
He's saying that paper is flat.  

3D isn't.

Zing...?

that's exactly what i meant, MS-DOS  ::)

lol

Quote from: nintendodork on October 25, 2010, 08:15:03 pm
Zing...?

that's going to be my new catchphrase.

manuel

But with 3D turned on you can look behind paper Mario, which might be a nice effect.

L___E___T

One piece of paper is flat. Several pieces of paper layered, or a pop-up book, or even that same piece of paper tilted, becomes 3D in that sense.  SPM uses similar perspectives as the Wii version, relying on flat paper to then turn that assumption around.  While it's not for me, I think you'll be pleasantly surprised.  I just think Mario should be a platformer not an RPG myself. 
My for Sale / Trade thread
http://www.famicomworld.com/forum/index.php?topic=9423.msg133828#msg133828
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

manuel

Quote from: L___E___T on October 26, 2010, 01:29:59 am
I just think Mario should be a platformer not an RPG myself. 

I wholeheartedly agree.
I have all the Mario RPGs, but just couldn't seem to get into them...

FamicomRetroGamer

Quote from: linkzpikachu on October 25, 2010, 06:20:00 pm
i saw a video on bobshouseofvideogames.com and the graphics look really nice for it, almost up to par with the PSP or modern consoles

3DS has PS2/Wii graphics, not 360/PS3.

3DS graphics are a bit better than PSP, but the preview screens of Ridge Racer for 3DS look horrible, even worse than PSP (not saying PSP's version is bad).

nintendodork

I really don't understand how you could say a whole lot about the 3DS or compare it to other things just by demos and videos that have been released. I would wait until I actually play it myself before drawing any conclusions.
I like to glitch old VHS tapes and turn them into visuals for live music events. Check out what I'm working on - www.instagram.com/tylerisneat

L___E___T

I would skew it at PS2/Gamecube level graphics from what I've seen so far.  Just remember that graphical quality comes down to optimisation of game code, not tech specs (how fast things load, get painted and animate etc etc... 

Ridge Racer could well be unable to render as much as quickly without pop-up, for example.  Compare Smash Bros Melee to Something like Soul Calibur 2 and there's a notable difference even though they're both fighters on the same console.
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。

petik1

Wait, i thought the paper mario game was gonna be a new one, not just spm... And plus, imagine seeing the layers of paper physically instead of just some visual cues.

L___E___T

Yeah, it's new.  Was just trying to illustrate what you pointed out :)
大事なのは、オチに至るまでの積み重ねなのです。