Hyperlink Colour

Started by Xious, September 23, 2010, 07:07:05 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Xious

At present, by default, hyperlinks on FW are black and appear the same as body text...

This makes it impossible to distinguish them unless a poster puts a concerted effort into embellishing them with the bold, underline and colour attributes, so if possible at some point I suggest making hyperlinks purple and underlined by default) in your BBS attributes.

I suggest purple as it is the remaining neutral colour to your yellow/white/black colour scheme--((Balance of grey methos))--and remains perfectly contrasting on every page.

That's my suggestion for the season.

-Xious

MS-DOS4

I agree. It's a pain in the butt to color my links here.
>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

UglyJoe

Done.  I didn't go with purple though, since that's the universal "you've already clicked on this link" link color.

MS-DOS4

>>>Current Collection<<< Updated 8/20/2014

-Click here for Photobucket Collection-

jpx72

Cool, that's one good update! Finally! Thanks

Xious

I don't think there is a default hyperlink colour these days, but anything but black is good. :) Thanks mate!

(I did note that while reading FW at the local pizza parlour, that my Treo doesn't see the links as actual hyperlinks for some reason, but Blazer doesn't like a lot of HTML code extensions and subsets, so this isn't altogether unexpected.)

Thank you again Joe!

My only other suggestion (or request, rather) is to U/L the old FW site as an archive somewhere for us to use until you get a chance to restore all the missing articles and datum on the new site. Was the old site deleted entirely, or just moved to a blind directory path?

-Xious

Jedi Master Baiter

This is nitpicking, but why red?

I always associate red with bad:

http://vgmdb.net/album/15659

How about blue?

UglyJoe